BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:54 pm

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
Gday all..... Ive had my k for about 5 years. I rode it daily to work for while (100k round trip), but work circumstances have changed and I have'nt ridin much lately at all. Its due for some maintanance and is starting to look a little neglected. This site looks like a great source of both imformation and motivation, both of which, I'll need in bucket loads...... because I'm not very good mechanically and also pretty lazy.
Looking forward to milking you all for k-bike knowledge and hopefully share a few laughs.
Paul.

2Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
G'day 73 welcome to the forums . You have definitely come to the right place for information

cheers Tony

3Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:16 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard 73. You've got lots of members nearby to help you out... with the occasional gem of wisdom from the northern hemisphere.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

4Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:45 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome 73MOH (I had a mo in 73 as well).
put it this way, I have done things with this bike that I would never have dreamed of doing, all because knowing I can jump on this forum and ask if it gets too hard, and no one ever whinges about my stupid questions. (except Blakey, he's a bit titchy about spelling).
At the moment my back wheel is off and I am working up the courage to pull the final drive thingy off to check the lube.
At least you would be familiar with all the engine noises after 5 years.
Cheers RT

5Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
BTW 73 before you ask any question electrical get some DeOxit (if thats how you spell it ) I'm sure all those boys in Brisvegas have shares in it or maybe been sniffing it Smile it cures everything from migraines to faulty wipers

6Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:37 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welome aboard 73 hoping you get your inspiration back mate ...

we get to venture out on weekends pretty much round here usually on sundays , so if your up to it ,,,,just watch the trips threads .

weve got a beuty comming up at the end of october ....in fact were taking extra days off to do it .

hope we see you soon ...post some pics if you like, were always interested to see other "k"s

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:55 pm

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.......
Toto... Deoxit is now on my shopping list.
Charlie, I'll definately be in for a ride as sooon as the bike is sorted.
Paul

8Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
some awfully nice folks ride our "old ladies " i have met a few now and in every case i would have to say .....its all good

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
charlie99 wrote:some awfully nice folks ride our "old ladies "
I think I found a signature line Laughing

10Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum 73. Our Ks need special attention but it is usually repaid with dependability.

And you will find that Blakey isn't that bad with the spelling thing he usually only gets on the horse when someone spells DiOxite incorrectly.Laughing

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
hello 73.. Another QLD K cheers

12Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Another Brissy Boy 44271 at K Freak DiOxite hahaha

13Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:14 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
K Freak wrote: he usually only gets on the horse when someone spells DiOxite incorrectly.Laughing

watching the stick go round the stirring pot .....and waiting for the responce ....giggle snort ...oops

Last edited by charlie99 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

14Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hey 73 that avatar looks very much like the peachester range and you aren't scraping anything yet.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

15Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:17 am

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
K Freak wrote:Hey 73 that avatar looks very much like the peachester range and you aren't scraping anything yet.
I love the peachester range, probably my favourite bit of road........ but the avatar photo was taken on the Springbrook road.

16Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:48 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome, even though you are a Queenslander. That state must just have a huge number of closet K owners....all coming out and joining the rest of the nutters on this forum. Do hope that we can all help each other.

17Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:34 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome Paul lots of info here.

BIG D

18Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 am

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
Ive started a thread on my bike......

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/t2722-73-s-kay

2005 KTM990sd

19Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi 73MOH good to have you on board. The easiest source for DeoxIT is Jaycar the one to get is the two small bottle kit NS-1436 is their catalogue number, The aerosol kit is too small to be much use.
Regards,
K-BIKE

20Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:02 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Paul, Paul, Paul...pay no attention to this lot.
Welcome to the forum and I hope to see you on the road.

Yes DeoxIT (I can depend on you K-BIKE to get it right) is the duck's guts.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

21Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:41 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Another Brissy Boy 161205

22Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
That's me on the right?!?

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

23Back to top Go down   Another Brissy Boy Empty Re: Another Brissy Boy Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:04 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Blakey, couldn't help myself. Have been sitting back patiently waiting for a bite. I might take up fishing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum