BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dennisg844

Hi all,

My name is Dennis. I have a '85 R100RT which I've turned into a "naked" bike by stripping all the fairing stuff. It was too cramped for my long legs and the heat was melting me! 👅 It's attached to a California Friendship I sidecar (with a new frame). It is so much fun, I often take the SC rig instead of my 2006 Triumph Tiger! We recently took a first trip with a trailer behind the rig. We love to camp, but we're old enough where we want a few creature comforts too. Wink

The K100 is having an intermittent running problem Mad which I will ask about in the tech forum.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. Looks like a great site.

Dennis

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Dennis. Plenty of technical know how amongst the senior members.

There are a few members now with K based outfits / sidecars. I must post some photos I took of some South Australia
outfits, which I promised I would do months ago...

Cheers, Dee Why

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Dennis. I was wondering about mountains in Arizona when someone mentioned going for a 200mile ride in the mountains and he was from your neck of the woods. I must get out my maps and have a look. I have always thought of Arizona as a kind of dry and flat place. But of course not many Aussies expect where I live to get snow in winter. Not very much but it is snow.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome dennis !!!!

good riding to you !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from down under Dennis.

What I know about Arizona is what I learned when I watched westerns when I was a kid...and that was on a black and white television!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you on board Dennis
some really good dudes here, and a bunch of Aussies.
RT

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you around Dennis. Looking forward to your telling us about riding around Arizona.
Regards,
K-BIKE

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Dennis, from someone to the north of you, who is about to envy your ability to ride year round.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

dennisg844

Thanks all. Never met an Aussie I didn't like. Yeah, even people who live in the south part of Arizona don't realize what the northern part of the state is like. It is NOT the desert and it doesn't ever get as hot as people think of Arizona. Highest summer temps might get up to 85F; summer nights can get down to the 40's050'sF. Humidity is always low. We live at 6,600' elevation. Mt. Humphreys is about 30 miles to the east from us and is the highest point in Arizona at over 12,000'. There's a fine ski area up there. We'll get some snow but most times it melts pretty quick as daytime temps usually get above freezing. Looking forward to spend time here.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sounds great ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
dennisg844 wrote:Thanks all. Never met an Aussie I didn't like. Yeah, even people who live in the south part of Arizona don't realize what the northern part of the state is like. It is NOT the desert and it doesn't ever get as hot as people think of Arizona. Highest summer temps might get up to 85F; summer nights can get down to the 40's050'sF. Humidity is always low. We live at 6,600' elevation. Mt. Humphreys is about 30 miles to the east from us and is the highest point in Arizona at over 12,000'. There's a fine ski area up there. We'll get some snow but most times it melts pretty quick as daytime temps usually get above freezing. Looking forward to spend time here.

Now that sounds like my sort of climate

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you onboard Dennis, enjoy the forum, it will improve your enjoyment of your bike for sure

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

dennisg844

g35corona: It does get pretty cold here in the wintersometimes, especially at night and sometimes the snow makes it impossible to ride for awhile (the sidecar is ok though Cool ). Gerbing's heated jacket and gloves really helps though!
Blakey: Yep, that's exactly what Arizona is like, lol.
Going to get a new hip tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to getting my foot up to the rear brake pedal without grinding pain!

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Dennis, wow, a new hip! Good luck with that and no doubt all of us here wish you the very best and a quick recovery!

This is one of those times we don't need to see a photo...What a Face

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

dennisg844

No photo! Darn, I was planning on sharing every detail! haha. Thanks for the good words!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I think I can do without reminders of what the future holds.

dennisg844

K freak: I know what you mean. Heart issues, arthritis, yadah, yadah...
But, I feel like the luckiest guy on the planet. I have good insurance and great support people who are happy to help me out during recovery. If this was 50 years ago, I and, others like me, would probably be dead by now, or at least crippled. Medicine has advance so much...I gotta tell you, (at the risk of sounding too corny) a good cup of coffee and a run on the K bike sidecar rig...priceless. In a few weeks, I'll be able to get back on my 2 wheel bike (Triumph Tiger) and I'll be skiing again next winter. It's a great life.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah I have had quite a few health issues over the years and my attitude is to keep going, deal with it if and when then go back to living my life as best I can and don't sweat the small stuff.

I know so many people who worry thier way from one problem to the next like they just can't wait for it to happen. They don't do this and that because of what might happen at least any regrets I have is for things I have done and some were a little crazy in hindsight but what the hell.

All the best for tomorrow , hope it all goes smoothly.

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Dennis welcome to the forum, Arizona love the place I have spent many a happy moment there on Det at DM. and just love the Catalina mountains.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum