BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
I have recently retired, after spending much of my (working) life in various parts of the USA, UK, the Netherlands and finally back here in Denmark for the last 10 years. My first Mc was an R26, solid as a tank and more tractor-like than cycle like. It was replaced with a Honda CB 72, which was winning races at the time - and revolutionary for a twin in having the pistons off-set 180° as opposed to the standard going up and down together. The CB72 was a litle jewel, but very finnicky compared to the R26.

After 46 years with only 4-wheeled transport, a 1992 K100RS - 16V followed me home one day. I had been waffling between lust for another go at 2-wheeling and the notion that old fools on MS's tend to end up in hospital or worse. A little bout with prostate cancer decided that if it was to be, now was the time. The chopice of the brick was simply that that it seemed to me to be the last MC that still looked as a MC in my eyes, and that it was also the first in the modern engine category with EFI.

After 1000 miles over the last few weeks, I am happy with the choice - more power than I will ever need, excemplary behaviour on the road, although somewhat clutzy in very slow traffic. Being 20 years old (the bike) I am naturally finding lots of little bits and bobs missing or misapplied - complicated a little as it was born with ABS, which the previous owner had removed, as it cost too much to maintain! Still not sure if i find that significant or not.

The first project was adding a GPS mount, which is detailed elsewhere, and turned out OK. Time now for a thorough going over and fluid change before laying up for the winter.

The knowledge and willingness to help out here on forum is just awesome. No doubt some questions will seem trivial to some, but the answers help you to get on with it and delve further into the intricacies of the brick.

Last edited by Agerbundsen on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
well put together introduction ager ....and welcome officially to the forum .....like all things in life .. we learn to appreciate things and i'm sure many of us have that similar thread in our life ....thank hevens

happy riding mate !!!

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi ager belated welcome, its certainly a nice looking bike you have, and a good writeup as they say we live and learn all the best safe riding.

BIG D

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Well written intro Ager. Similar circumstances and experience for me which tells me the world is experiencing a resurgence of riding from our generation. What's old is new again. I have a full page list of bits and pieces to be bought and installed over the winter.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Ahhh, the "List".

Damn those previous owners that take things off and don't put them back!

Oh yeah, g'day and welcome Ager.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Life time member
Life time member
Gongratualtions on your retirement - you've chosena great way to enjoy it and in a beautiful country too. I have visted Copenhagen a cuople of times and always enjoy it

Welcome to the forum, I bet I have some items on my list that are the same as yours!

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Agerbundsen, great to have you with us and look forward to tales about MC riding around your spot of the world. The CB72 was a lovely bike I had one for my first bike such a smooth idling engine one really could stand a 3d bit on edge on the tank when it was idling.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum