BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 pm

johnr

is the bmw mafia gonna come and do a hit on me when i paint my k100 matt black and cover it with stick on carbon look plastic cos its cheaper than paint? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:17 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
No, but the Fashion Police may knock on your door...

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

3Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Is there a suggestion that all your taste is in your mouth?

4Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Don't worry guys, I'll find out where he lives. 💣

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

5Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Shrink wrap it! The bike, not the horses head - That should be stuffed and mounted!!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

6Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:30 pm

johnr

no room for a mounted bike. ive already got a 1950 bsa on a plinth in the lounge! k100 is tatty but all there, except the previous owners have miss matched the paint on the panels, so i figure i'll just make it all black in its various forms. its only a bike after all, and its got to be ridden all year round, no comfy warm shed in the frost for this thing!

7Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
John take no notice of the peasants here. Do the carbon lookalike thing and apply for an arts grant. Show that the plebs don't like it and you will be sure to get millions.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:22 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"its only a bike after all" Wow...I'm speechless.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

9Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
You are just a fashion follower. Black is the new black.

10Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:15 am

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
John,How many shades of BLACK are there????? Does anyone know?? Cheers Tom Grabau

11Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:59 am

Life time member
Life time member
Tom Grabau wrote:John,How many shades of BLACK are there????? Does anyone know?? Cheers Tom Grabau

7!....judging by my bike...BadaBoom!!

12Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:29 pm

johnr

blakey wrote:"its only a bike after all" Wow...I'm speechless.

really why? have you got a bike thats also a hat?? Very Happy

13Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 pm

johnr

88KE wrote:

7!....judging by my bike...BadaBoom!!

as youre from the emerald isle, i thought id quote father ted and say that priest black, like a priests socks is the blackest black of them all!!

actually, ive found some black rubberised paint made by plasticote which is like a matt black but feels like rubber to the touch, it looks even blacker than my black shoes!!!!

14Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:35 pm

johnr

lets face it though guys, and you'll have to forgive my blase attitude to the old brick here, it is just a bike. dont get me wrong, i really like it, but its just a tool like a spanner or a screwdriver. the beemer is a very worthy machine, but as yet it hasnt really got under my skin like my suzukis or bsa's have, thats not to say its a bad bike, but its a bit like a volvo, very well built, solid, dependable, and with a feel of quality to it. but it doesnt stirr the soul or touch the heart.
or am i being too sentimental towards the other bikes in my shed?

15Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:43 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
That rubberized paint will be horrible to paint over in due course, either by you or the next owner.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

16Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Comparing any motorcycle to a........ cough ............choke........... volvo........... could well cause a horses head to appear in your bed.
Volvo drivers are noted for running a bike up the gutter then saying "you have no right to be riding that thing anyway".

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

17Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Bloody Volvo driver! I do not wear a hat under my helmet. Next you will be saying you like Harleys!

18Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
ainsjac wrote:Bloody Volvo driver! I do not wear a hat under my helmet. Next you will be saying you like Harleys!
I don't think that Bert likes swearing on the forum. Tut Tut.

19Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I am sorrow K Freak. At least I didn't say Moto Guzzi. I have a 1980 Alfa sitting beside the house and realise that Italian machinery is built in a completely different way.

I promise not to mention American or Italian machinery again. If I do the chooks will turn into emus and kick my dunny down......how will that translate into other languages?

20Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:43 pm

johnr

ainsjac wrote:Bloody Volvo driver! I do not wear a hat under my helmet. Next you will be saying you like Harleys!

ha ha ha, steady on! lets not get carried away!

although id give my eye teeth for a wla45 or wlc45, but thats as far as it goes!

21Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I knew that you were one of those closet people...all is coming out into the open now.

22Back to top Go down   horses head in my bed? Empty Re: horses head in my bed? Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Life time member
Life time member
johnr wrote:... i thought id quote father ted and say that priest black, like a priests socks is the blackest black of them all!!

actually, ive found some black rubberised paint made by plasticote which is like a matt black but feels like rubber to the touch, it looks even blacker than my black shoes!!!!

Oh Right Ted....that's fairly black alright, but when the dirt sticks to that rubberised paint it'll look like the inside of Father Jack's laundry hamper :geek:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum