BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Midlife happiness... Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 pm

RSermersheim

I have always dreamed of owning a K100LT since first seeing them back in the early 90’s, but could not convince my wife to have the same dream. After getting the third and youngest child off to college I began to drop hints when ever possible. One Sunday after church my wife and I drove to a local restaurant for lunch (diner) just 5 miles from home and to my delight two houses down set a K100LT for sale. Monday morning I drove by on my way to work only to be saddened to see the bike gone. I did stop and found the for sale sign laying in the yard so I copied down the phone number and called that night. Surprise, the owner said he couldn’t leave the bike out over night and it was in his garage. After two weeks of negotiations with my wife and the seller, it is now in my garage. It’s a 1990, Red K100LT with 51000 miles, 2000 of the miles I rode in the last year with my wife riding with me for most of them. We ride almost every weekend and look forward to riding many years to come.

Happy with Midlife,

Roger

2Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The Ks are very enjoyable to ride and I like you always wanted one after the first time I saw one. Enjoy your midlife, mine was so good I extended it to old age and beyond if I can find a way to take my brick with me.
Oh and a belated welcome to the forum

Last edited by K Freak on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Roger, hope you have many more years to come on the K. You have joined an interesting band of ...... enthusiasts.

Never understood why its called a midlife crisis, i always thought of it more like a midlife awakening.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Midlife happiness... 170874

4Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Life goes on and not one of us on the forum is old or in "mid life". We also lie quite a bit. Welcome to the forum.

5Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
What a heart warming tale - enjoy your new "Flying Brick", I hope that you enjoy many more happy miles together. Oh and welcome to the forum Wink

http://www.its-personal.net

6Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Midlife crisis...you colour your hair darker and get it permed, you wear white shoes, you buy a sports car (open top of course), you wear gold chains around your neck.

Welcome Roger...or if you like "The Life Of Brian"...welcome Woger!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

7Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome rodger ....nice story ....happy riding to you both

Last edited by charlie99 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

8Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:31 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie, happy "ridding" ? We don't want to get rid of him......not yet anyway !

9Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oops ! modified ...grin

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 am

Life time member
Life time member
RSermersheim wrote:After two weeks of negotiations with my wife and the seller, it is now in my garage. It’s a 1990, Red K100LT with 51000 miles, ...

Happy with Midlife,

Roger

cheers Result! A little persistence always pays off.

Welcome to the forum Roger. I say forum but it's more like an asylum run by the inmates!!! In their more lucid moments tho' they can be quite good technically, which will help keep you motoring for some time to come.

88KE

11Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Roger, welcome to the forum It show's everything comes to those that wait enjoy.

BIG D

12Back to top Go down   Midlife happiness... Empty Re: Midlife happiness... Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:24 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Oh waptur, Woger has a wed one. Doe's not anyway buy blue bikes anymore??
Welcome Roger, don't mind us nutters, one foot in the grave and the other one trying to stop the brick from falling over.
RT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]