BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
Hello and good evening,
i read a comment here, one of our esteemed forum contributors has remarked 'swap to lanolin spray, you wont go back' .
well i have purchased lanolin since then. I bought the first can out of curiosity (Obviously there was the obligatory feline dispatchment to qualify the saying), it is a top quality lubricant, it does get a tad tacky, thought to me that means it is still there lubricating. and it smells like the middle of australia .
My two bobs worth .

Nathan.

http://www.airware.com.au

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Yep, I use the heavy duty (blue label) Lanotec...in a spray can.
This is top stuff!

I've thrown out my RP7 and WD40.

Lanotec

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
it may have been you , blue .
top shelf product , if the claim on the label is correct, not only will it clean anything made of anything ever, the smell of it attracts women , even people ones!

Last edited by beanoldboy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quantify anything.)

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I've been using it on my outdoors tables as a preservative, working well except I keep having to shoo the kiwis away every morning.
Lanolin aerosol vs wd40 (crc etc etc ..) 723598

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It was actually made as a joke aftershave for the Kiwis but took of when they found it had some unusual properties.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
thats baaad , you mutten say those things.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Lanolin aerosol vs wd40 (crc etc etc ..) 44271

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
Sheep are very accommodating and can be discreet, more so to those who are starved of human contact Laughing

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
baaaa means no ! !! wink

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Just knew you Aussies wouldn't be able to help yourselfs on this one. Us Kiwis are a clean living bunch who would not be seen dead wearing gumboots in a padock full of sheep (well not during daylight hours anyway).

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
all in the spirit of good fun mun, i had a great mate from there his fave joke was " why do aussies wear thongs " because they cant tie shoelaces.

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Yeh, it's in good fun, and I enjoy every minute of it. Nothing like the Kiwi vs Aussie thing, but Aussie can't be all that bad or half of us would'nt be living there eh? I'm not sure the rest of the world gets it though. During the world cup there was a bit of it on another forum which unfortunitly was stopped with a good telling off from the moderator. It's easy to take life too seriously some times.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
all in good fun pj ...

i ussually get the second degree when on away visits over there ...but i have learned to just grin and hear it out ...till they slow up ..then were all friends ,, we have far too much in common..

cheers

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
"Gumboots " and velcro gloves !!!!! hmmmm better leave that alone Very Happy

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Us Kiwis will have to give a nod to Toto_jp's obvious "intimate" knowledge of these Australian accessories.
Regards,
K-BIKE

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
charlie99 wrote:Lanolin aerosol vs wd40 (crc etc etc ..) 44271

I'll second this.
I cannot stop laughing!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum