BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New BMW in Maryland Empty New BMW in Maryland Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Mikeyworks

I have a '76 KZ400 that I picked up for a few bucks back in the fall. The plan was to fix it up and enjoy it. I spent most of the winter working on it here and there and I got it running. But I quickly realized that it's not quite the bike I was looking for. I wanted something more reliable and a little more comfortable. So...of to Craigslist I went.

Here's the KZ400:

New BMW in Maryland IMG_1567

After searching on Craigslist for an afternoon, I found this little gem only about 50 miles from my house:

New BMW in Maryland 3k23p33lbZZZZZZZZZ9332b24af7f429c1d3b

I was more than excited. I talked the owner down to $2000, and off I went to go get it.

Here we go...

New BMW in Maryland IMG_2428

Once we got it home, I cleaned it up a bit, this is what I ended up with!

New BMW in Maryland IMG_2433

New BMW in Maryland IMG_2432

New BMW in Maryland IMG_2431

New BMW in Maryland IMG_2434

New BMW in Maryland IMG_2435

Unfortunately he wanted more for the bike with the bags and I had...so I was only able to get the bike. But I am searching for a nice set of bags to put on it.

Out of curiosity, he wants $500 for the bags...I thought that was a bit much. Is that too much?

Mike

2Back to top Go down   New BMW in Maryland Empty Re: New BMW in Maryland Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 am

Locksmith

Nice find! It needs a bit of polishing here and there, and you need to buy the grid on the rear tail section. I wish you nice riding! And welcome to the forum dude!

3Back to top Go down   New BMW in Maryland Empty Re: New BMW in Maryland Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome to this forum Mickeyworks
A new set of bags is about (us) $1,200.
The new one are better, but do you want to spend this amount of money for bags?
If the bags are in good shape, I would advise you to take them. You may be able to knock the price down by $50.
If you have to buy a set from another person, you will have to pay shipping and maybe sales tax.
Quiz:
At the time Kawasaki started to produce the KZ 400, Honda came with the CB 400 and Suzuki with the GT380.
Do you know why they produced bike under 400cc when before they were 450 or 500cc?

In Europe, governments started to over tax bike over 400cc (In France, the VAT was 19.6% for bikes under 400cc and 33% for bikes over.)
In some European countries, the first year you had your license, your were also limited to 400cc.
Insurance companies came with the same "scam" and were charging more for bikes over 400cc.

Bert

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum