BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 am

gmlc

gmlc
Hi

Just another new K100 owner from Oz. Seems to be a few Aussies on here.

Have just purchased the bike after it has been sitting for about 3 years. Have read Steve's intro thread and will also follow suggestions posted by members on what to check out and to do first too.

Cheers

2Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:44 am

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
hello mate, welcome aboard .

http://www.airware.com.au

3Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum GM. Another Brisbane K rider, good to see.

Plenty of info on here to help you with whatever troubles your K.

You southside or northside?

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Another G'Day from Downunder 170874

4Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:39 am

gmlc

gmlc
Southside, near Mt Gravatt.

Yes, a great site for info with plenty of tips & advice. Have been busy reading and have downloaded some good stuff from one of the member's 4shared links on here. Am very grateful to all.

And thanks for the welcome.

5Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:36 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings gmlc welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find all you need for a K here except the razoos to run it.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:03 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
g'day mate .....welcome to the forum ...hoping you have fun

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:39 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
G'day GM and welcome.

A picture is worth a thousand words...hint, hint!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

8Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:05 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
hello GM!! Good to see more auzzies!
blakey wrote:

(it does not look to be RED to me Blakey!!) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

9Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 am

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard gmlc. Mostly Aussies here now, while the rest of us occasionally poke our nose out of the burrow to see if it's spring yet.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

10Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 am

gmlc

gmlc
blakey wrote:G'day GM and welcome.

Unfortunately I can't post a pic as the board says new members aren't allowed external URLs for 7 days. I just tried.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

11Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi there GLMC welcome to the the forum, lots of info and great folk look forward to your pic.

BIG D

12Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:53 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome gmlc, that is a REALLY nice colour there.
I hope you northeners are going to put on some improved weather
for us later in the year.
RT

13Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard mate. Bike looks great...is that a stock color?

OG

14Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

gmlc

gmlc
Thanks. The seller referred to it as midnight blue but there's no sticker under the seat for a code.

From other K100 pics I have seen it looks closet to Bermuda Blue, but it's only a guess. If it's not Bermuda Blue then it's non-stock.

I believe the bike is an import as it has got a qld transport mod plate, and I found some very old spare house/garage keys in the small storage area at rear under seat, and they were all German brand key blanks.

15Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:00 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I think I remember seeing a picture of Helmet Kohl riding that with Angela Merkel pillion in fishnets and a seethrough top some time ago.
Let me loose.
RT

16Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:25 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
RT wrote:I think I remember seeing a picture of Helmet Kohl riding that with Angela Merkel pillion in fishnets and a seethrough top some time ago.
Let me loose.
RT
Another G'Day from Downunder 44271

17Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. Another Queenslander.....what did we do to deserve that?

18Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 pm

gmlc

gmlc
ainsjac wrote:Welcome to the forum. Another Queenslander.....what did we do to deserve that?

Thanks. Don't feel too bad, it's not your fault that QLD has some of the best weather for all year round riding. Wink Also blame is in part on the guy who sold me the bike at a price I could not refuse.

19Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Life time member
Life time member
RT wrote:I think I remember seeing a picture of Helmet Kohl riding that with Angela Merkel pillion in fishnets and a seethrough top some time ago.
Let me loose.
RT
Uuurrrrrgh. I have a horrible vision in my head now I've read that. GET BACK IN YOUR CELL! Another G'Day from Downunder 167893 You're clearly not ready to be let out Very Happy
88KE

Welcome gmlc. Its been rumoured an old sheep station in the bush has been given over to breeding K bikes which accounts for the large numbers of Aussies on here Very Happy
88KE

Last edited by 88KE on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz I cant type)

20Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
88KE Don't mention sheep stations and Kiwis. The mind boggles concerning breeding K bikes down there.

21Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:13 am

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
Quetion is who wears the Gum Boots??

22Back to top Go down   Another G'Day from Downunder Empty Re: Another G'Day from Downunder Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:48 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ungaas wrote:Quetion is who wears the Gum Boots??

the white gumboots ? lol ....better do some research on that one ....i heard that white gumboots is to hide amongst the sheep ...(usually from the mrs)....but like all things anzac ...we love to joke

funny though i seem to recall white gumboots are usually displayed in the shop windows ...but the plain old black ones ...just dont have that ...."appeal" Another G'Day from Downunder 652573

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum