BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Hi from Scotland Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Hello to all,

I'm Rene, Dutch and now living in Scotland for 2.5 years after leaving NS and the happy owner of a BMW K100RT from 1984. Great bike and I have learned a lot from the various jobs on it. I'm a regular visitor of some of the english, german and dutch forums, lots of great info. It is great to see that these bikes still generate so much interest (and keep on running with TLC!).

Hope to learn and contribute here.

Greetings, Rene.

PS I am on other forums sometimes as hfxrzw

2Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:35 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Rene,
Great to have you on board and saw your great contributions already good on you as we say in New Zealand. Interestingly in the past for many years there was no limit to the quota of Dutch people allowed to migrate to NZ whereas all other nationalities were subject to limits. It was because the NZ Govt had decided that Dutch people were the sort of migrants that should be encouraged hence why there is such a significant ex Dutch community here in NZ.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:23 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Hi K, thanks for the welcome. I'm still looking for an opportunity to come down under, but with an Aussie wife I guess coming to NZ is being frowned upon......
Spent many happy days in Aussie and NZ during my sailing days in the merchant navy, good fun.

Cheers, Rene.

4Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:42 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Ah the Austra Aliens,

We poke a lot of fun at them and they do at us, but if an Aussie were in trouble in a bar somewhere and there was a Kiwi present he would stand alongside his digger mate and vice versa.

Aussies are definitely welcome here in NZ, my colleague at work is a Sydneysider and I lived there for a while when I was working in Aus.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum