BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty HELLO FROM SA Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 pm

RSMITH

RSMITH
Silver member
Silver member
Hi all,

just got my fat hands on an 1985 K100RT, it was my old mans and being a good dad he gave it to me for a bottle of whiskey! its in fair condition and intend doing it up and using it.

i do have a few questions that i will post in the relevant forum subjects - and I am hoping to learn more about these bikes as I go along. I have owned other bikes in the past and have learnt from them, but the joke is sort of that "one only grows up when one owns a BMW"

CHEERS ALL

2Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome Rsmith,

I hope that you selected the finesse whiskey for your father.
I am sure that you will get answer to most of your questions on this forum.

Enjoy,

CF

3Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:54 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
...im sure you will learn new things here .welcome to the forum ..

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:37 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"one only grows up when one owns a BMW"

...might have to sell mine then...

Welcome RSMITH.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re Hello from SA Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:41 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome RSMITH
your dad's loss methinks. Get as much riding in as possible to be comfortable with her
RT

6Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:14 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. Are you cheap or was the bike cheap?

7Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 am

RSMITH

RSMITH
Silver member
Silver member
No , I m not cheap! got my dad a proper Isle of Islay 18 year old single malt. I believ it was a very nice gesture from him and I respect him for it.

when it comes to repairing of my bikes , I do the right thing , but i am not a fool to go and spend unneccessarly. It is part of the joy of ownership and gives me satisfaction to know that I am able to help myself at all times and not be reliant on anyone else., I enjoy sharing my knowledge and learning from others as well, helping others out were I can and teaching them along the way. It is just something that my dad taught me and hopefully I can teach that to my son.

I just hope that the local BMW Motorrhad community/dealers are more helpful than the jap bike community.- (Have had too many bad expereinces with that lot and hence got involved with my bikes).

bike needs some TLC , but its all there and in a good shape generally for an old bike. I have always helped my dad do running repairs on the bike through the years so I know the bike reasonably well - I think?

"one grows up when one owns a bmw" - ja something my dad says and now i guess I am grown up.

I am keeping my suzuki just to "stay young"!

cheers all

8Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I find that the owners of Ks are a cunning lot, who are aware that bikes can be expensive and we do our best not to spend money that we don,t need to.Imagine if we had to pay for all the advice and information that appears on this forum! Good luck with your K and no doubt your Suzuki will be spending more time parked after the K is roaring.

9Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
RSMITH wrote:No , I m not cheap! got my dad a proper Isle of Islay 18 year old single malt. I believe it was a very nice gesture from him and I respect him for it.

when it comes to repairing of my bikes , I do the right thing , but i am not a fool to go and spend unneccessarly. It is part of the joy of ownership and gives me satisfaction to know that I am able to help myself at all times and not be reliant on anyone else., I enjoy sharing my knowledge and learning from others as well, helping others out were I can and teaching them along the way. It is just something that my dad taught me and hopefully I can teach that to my son.

Your Dad deserves a HELLO FROM SA 112350

Can you please pass him our best wishes . He seems to be "the dream Dad". What he taught you is the way that we should educate youngsters in this world of individualism.

Cheers and HELLO FROM SA 212902 again. We are delighted to see you joining our community.

CF

10Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty HELLO FROM SA Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:32 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
No way are my kids getting my bike, it's coming with me.
Twisted Evil

11Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:13 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
ainsjac wrote:.Imagine if we had to pay for all the advice and information that appears on this forum!
for instance, the difference between a factory fan express shipped from W.A and the replacement off the shelf bosch part (ty RG) is 320 dollaroonies . thats not to be sneezed at eh ?

http://www.airware.com.au

12Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty HELLO FROM SA Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:42 am

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome to the site. Nice to see someone else from SA. K Bikes seem to be be a dying breed in SA. Once you are on the road contact me and we can meet for Breakfast in Cullinan some time. I have always found BM owners to be a helpful lot but dealers will always be dealers.

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

13Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Re: HELLO FROM SA Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 am

RSMITH

RSMITH
Silver member
Silver member
HEY Lazy boy.

yes no probs live close to you in kempton

14Back to top Go down   HELLO FROM SA Empty Welcome Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:05 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi RSMITH, Great to have you with us.
Regards,