BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   My grandad's K100RS - cafe racer Empty My grandad's K100RS - cafe racer Tue May 01, 2012 10:02 am

merlin_rs

merlin_rs
Have been given my late grandad's (Peter Ovenden - known to us as Pops) '85 K100RS in mint condition by my nan for my eighteenth. He was a very keen biker whose collection over the years included numerous British thoroughbreds. In the early nineties, unbeknown to us at the time, he was diagnosed with skin cancer and he opted for something a bit more comfortable that he could tour on with my nan (Janet Ovenden). I believe they toured the states on this bike with the BMW Club who all chartered a plane over there to take all of their bikes.

Now converting into cafe racer (see my other thread)

Can't wait for it to be done

Merlin

2Back to top Go down   My grandad's K100RS - cafe racer Empty Re: My grandad's K100RS - cafe racer Tue May 01, 2012 10:11 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good one merlin .....

welcome mate ...

in memory ...for sure ....unfortunatly my brain cells died long ago ...so i dont have a reference to the name ...but what a tribute to the guy ....congrats

(after some brain receptors firing up ...yes i do remember the name ...an awsome legacy and history )

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   My grandad's K100RS - cafe racer Empty Re: My grandad's K100RS - cafe racer Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 am

Life time member
Life time member
Great project Merlin, Great history to the bike. Enjoy it and whatever you do stay safe on it.Welcome to the forum.

Stick up some photo's (you have to wait 7 days from registering). Here's how.
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum