BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 7:01 am

wombat2540

wombat2540
Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd introduce myself. Yesterday, I purchase a May 1984 K100 after nearly 20 years since my last bike. Had been looking for a while for 750 - 900 cc bke when spotted this one on ebay from a dealer. Put in a crazy bid and won. First impression on actually seeing it was it looks a bit bigger than what I remember riding [a 450 & 650].

Took it for a ride today just around the suburb to get a feel and it didn't take long for me to remember why I use to like riding. So after I sort out some minor problems with the help of this forum and a friend nearby. I'm looking forward to some much longer rides around the Jervis Bay area. However, I did notice I was using some muscles I haven't used in a while - just have to practice more on the bike.

Well safe riding and looking forward to learning lots from your experiences.

Wombat2540

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
wombat2540 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd introduce myself. Yesterday, I purchase a May 1984 K100 after nearly 20 years since my last bike. Had been looking for a while for 750 - 900 cc bke when spotted this one on ebay from a dealer. Put in a crazy bid and won. First impression on actually seeing it was it looks a bit bigger than what I remember riding [a 450 & 650].

Took it for a ride today just around the suburb to get a feel and it didn't take long for me to remember why I use to like riding. So after I sort out some minor problems with the help of this forum and a friend nearby. I'm looking forward to some much longer rides around the Jervis Bay area. However, I did notice I was using some muscles I haven't used in a while - just have to practice more on the bike.

Well safe riding and looking forward to learning lots from your experiences.

Bravo

Wombat2540

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 7:14 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Goodonya! Nothing wrong with an Aussie and a nice old K bike joining the forum. We have a presence here, and the usual noisy galahs amongst us have a good time and get things done too, as we Aussies do.

Cheers.

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Wombat, nice place that Old Erowal Bay I bought my K1100LT from a guy there, I'm not sure but I think it was Bill O'Rielly you may know him.
Don't forget to keep the shiny side up.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 am

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the forum Wombat.

Cheers,

04/86 K100 VIN 0009479 Columbia Silver

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 7:46 am

wombat2540

wombat2540
Hi Rick G.

I don't know Bill O'Rielly, but I have only been in Old Erowal Bay for 6 months. Would be funny meeting him some time and saying 'You use to own a K1100LT once."

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 am

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard wombat.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 am

Life time member
Life time member
G'day wombat, welcome from the northern hemisphere. Give yourself a couple of hundred Km's on the K and you really get the feel of it. When I got mine I had nary a problem above 3kph it's just getting used to handling the weigh on the stands and moving it around that took getting used to really, that and the indcators! Welcome along as your fellow countrymen have already chirped in, you're in good company.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Wombat.
The more you wrench and ride the K100, the more fun you'll have!

They are good solid bikes!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

10Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 pm

MartyB

MartyB
Hi Wombat. I'm only new here as well. I've already had good advice and helpful hints from the guys. Looking forward to a couple of pictures of your bike. Better not tell me your address cos you've got a couple of nice bits on that bike that I could use! Very Happy

Marty.

11Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. Remember what we don't know about the k is not worth knowing.

12Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Wombat - lots of information here to help you familiarise yourself with your new ride Wink

13Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Hello from Jervis Bay Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Wombat 2540
that's about as many of your furry little friends that make night riding a mystery around here.
Still good to find another closer comrad. Hope we can get some of us southerners together and laugh at the state of each others steeds.
Cheers RT

14Back to top Go down   Hello from Jervis Bay Empty Re: Hello from Jervis Bay Wed May 23, 2012 4:25 am

wombat2540

wombat2540
Hi RT

Yeah, the furry very very distant cousins can be a nuisance at times, and expect you to go around them rather than move.

Hoping to take a trip up your way through Kangaroo Valley across to Robertson for a pie and back. First have to get the bike checked out and repair the RHS rear indicator. Bumped against the car and the glue holding it on and the few screws gave way. So time for a replacement one I think. Plus need to change filters and oil, so I know when last done.

Will let you know when coming up that way and we might end up parking in the same place.

Wombat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum