BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member from Western Australia Empty New Member from Western Australia Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:03 am

Wombat

Greetings fellow "flying brick" riders.
I've had a 1987 K100RS for a few years now, my favorite bike in my 25 years of riding, but I must confess to only now becoming part of the BMW "community".
Like a lot of people I guess, I only discovered the community when things went wrong and I needed to reach out to those more knowledgeable than me for help. I have already learned a huge amount from reading the posts of such gurus as Crazy Frog and K-Bike, you guys have saved me a fortune!
I live in a country town about 400km from the nearest city, so I'm a long way from professional help.
I'm afraid my mechanical knowledge is very limited but I am an electronics technician, so if I can help anyone in that area I will.
Look forward to chatting to all of you in the forums.
Wombat.

2Back to top Go down   New Member from Western Australia Empty Re: New Member from Western Australia Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:13 am

kfilipow

kfilipow
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Wombat, from the US

Keith

3Back to top Go down   New Member from Western Australia Empty Wombat Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
WOMBAT, Welcome from Bronkhorstspruit South Africa

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Wombat.....is it true that wombats eat roots and leaves?

5Back to top Go down   New Member from Western Australia Empty New Member from Western Australia Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:36 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Greetings Wombat
I never actually say that to the real ones around my way, but good to hear from you.
I'm guessing it's nice and warm at the moment, that would be nice.
RT

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Wombat from the east coast far away across the desert.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

G'day Wombat.

Wombat

ainsjac wrote:Welcome Wombat.....is it true that wombats eat roots and leaves?
I wish that was where it came from mate, but in truth its cause they're short, fat and hairy with no neck!!!! 👅

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Wombat wrote:
ainsjac wrote:Welcome Wombat.....is it true that wombats eat roots and leaves?
I wish that was where it came from mate, but in truth its cause they're short, fat and hairy with no neck!!!! 👅
I once had a girl friend like that but there were other redeming features. New Member from Western Australia 652573

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

10Back to top Go down   New Member from Western Australia Empty Re: New Member from Western Australia Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:36 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Wombat,
Really good to have you with us many people around the world do not realise how big Australia is, it is a good thing that the Postal service can deliver things from afar when you are, as you point out, so far from a big town.

I have a friend who worked for a big company in Aus that was owned by a Swiss firm and one day the big cheese himself came to Aus to announce the building of a new national distribution centre. Standing proudly there in front of the whole team with a wall map of Australia he announced in heavily accented English, "I have decided to locate the new National Distribution Centre HERE" and pointed to Alice Springs. There was stunned silence amongst the team, he had not realised that unlike Switzerland or Germany where there is a town and a short distance away is a major city Australia is not like that, eventually it was explained to him.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum