BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   To K or not to K? - Page 2 Empty Re: To K or not to K? Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 am

Rick G

admin
admin
Just take it easy and keep a watch if the oil really starts to come out quickly it could get on the caliper and disc. I had one leak realy badly last year and it got to the caliper but not to the disc or pads.

52Back to top Go down   To K or not to K? - Page 2 Empty Re: To K or not to K? Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:39 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Congratulations mate and welcome to 'K'' ownership - good looking bike. Can't beat a 4 valve with ABS Wink

Cheers
Dave

53Back to top Go down   To K or not to K? - Page 2 Empty Re: To K or not to K? Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 pm

ArbOl

ArbOl
Thanks Dave, have been reading up about the perilous side stand lean which seems to be such a well loved design feature. Looks like I'll be asking around for pucks and industrial strength glue. So replacement or used side stands are rare for reason
- good think my streets on a hill...

Now if only someone made a properly engineered solution!

54Back to top Go down   To K or not to K? - Page 2 Empty Re: To K or not to K? Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Mate, Ah yes my rubber foot worked pretty well but well engineered it was not! I took it off in the end; in fact most of the mods I made initially, including fitting a shorter shock, dropping the forks (as I am not long legged) and the sidestand puck have been short lived. The bike is back to standard spec and now I'm more used to it I like it better that way. Ho hum Very Happy
Cheers
Dave

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum