BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member from the great northwest Empty New member from the great northwest Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 am

Bigdibbs

Bigdibbs
Hello from the Northwest! Bought my first bike this September in Ketchikan AK, took a ferry to Prince Rupert BC then rode the 1000 miles back home. Now we are hooked and looking for a second bike for more adventures.

I have a 1988 K75S, I know not a 100 but I was told it was ok to join the group anyway.

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. I must say that your ride home after the purchase was an ambitious one. Purchase of a vehicle long distance, so to speak, is something of a leap of faith. I take it all went well on the return home.

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome to the land of bricks your welcome here 3 or 4 dont matter there are so many things that are the same besides its a brick even if its the small one

William Gornto Alamogordo New Mexico

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the asylum Bigdibbs. You can check out, but you can never leave (ask me how I know). That was a long commute to and from Rupert, it must have been a great machine to go that far for it. I've seen lots of good deals on CL between your point and Seattle. You will want to connect with Two Wheels Better for your OEM parts, he's at the parts desk of one of the Seattle BMW dealerships.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard ....happy riding !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Bigdibbs,
Good to have you with us and look forward to your reports on your new to you bike.
Regards,
K-BIKE

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum - good to have you with us Wink

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the madhouse, bigdipps........
Please meet at the front desk to get your K scorch mark (remove helmet first).

Life time member
Life time member
New member from the great northwest 177912 bigdipps. I'm keen to try a 75 myself as they are reported to be smoother than the 4 cyl. Plenty of K75 expertise and help to be had here. Good to have you along.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome Bigdibbs. You have riden 1000 miles and now there is no escape you have been infected by the best virus known to mankind and thankfully there is no escape.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
G'day Bigdibbs. Sometimes we ask why people choose a particular username, but with yours, I'm not sure we need to know!

Great to have you along. 75 or 100...it's still a K bike and that's fine by us.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
Hey Bigdibbs, Welcome to this fabulous group. I joined with the pre Xmas purchase of a K100, 12/16/12 and this is far and beyond the best forum I have ever been on. I am just figuring out my bike and haven't ridden a mile on it yet. You will be happy you joined. I wouldn't mind coming up to AK this summer.

UJ

http://www.nachicagonorth.com

13Back to top Go down   New member from the great northwest Empty Why BigDibbs Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Bigdibbs

Bigdibbs
blakey wrote:G'day Bigdibbs. Sometimes we ask why people choose a particular username, but with yours, I'm not sure we need to know!

Bigdibbs is a nickname from Highschool basketball, since I am 6'9" and my last name is Dibble Very Happy.

14Back to top Go down   New member from the great northwest Empty Didn't take us long Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 am

Bigdibbs

Bigdibbs
Love the K bike but added the GS today for some two up adventures this summer.

New member from the great northwest 2_bike10

New member from the great northwest 2007_r10

15Back to top Go down   New member from the great northwest Empty Trip Home Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:10 am

Bigdibbs

Bigdibbs
brickrider wrote:Welcome to the forum. I must say that your ride home after the purchase was an ambitious one. Purchase of a vehicle long distance, so to speak, is something of a leap of faith. I take it all went well on the return home.

The trip was excellent, got lucky with really nice weather. The ride from Prince George to Whistler is a lot of fun, where Hwy 99 takes off it is a narrow and windy ride into Pemberton. It will definitely be a repeat ride north.

Just past the turn off to Hwy 99 south.
New member from the great northwest Img_0710

Last gas stop before Whistler, just outside of Lillooet, BC
New member from the great northwest Img_0711

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great pics ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
A great entrance to the forum , pics to please ( the guys on this forum like to see your bike)
and a wonderful enthusiasm to match, especially to start your relationship with a long ride.
Hoping it was an enjoyable experience. Scenery looks superb.
welcome, Ed

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
New member from the great northwest 10_x_110

18Back to top Go down   New member from the great northwest Empty New member from the great northwest Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:28 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Bigdibbs
it's great to see that you have done the early miles to get the feel. Nice color as well.
Keep warm
RT

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Bigdibbs, going from your pics and enthusiasm so far i think you will fit in perfectly round here.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

New member from the great northwest 170874

20Back to top Go down   New member from the great northwest Empty Re: New member from the great northwest Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Welcome again to the forum, BD. Now with two great bikes in the garage, both of 'em Beemers, you'll likely be hard pressed to decide which to roll out the door on on any given day. But since they're just different enough I reckon you'll find a use for the both of 'em in your neighbourhood.

It was good to meet you both. We've got a forum member who's well-versed in BMWs just over the border in Canadia who likes to ride in this region too - that would be club-c, aka, Clubbie. I hope we can all catch up sometime round the great Pacific North Wet this coming season when the snows have melted away and go for a burble. Cheers.

21Back to top Go down   New member from the great northwest Empty Re: New member from the great northwest Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:43 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
Bigdibbs wrote:
blakey wrote:G'day Bigdibbs. Sometimes we ask why people choose a particular username, but with yours, I'm not sure we need to know!

Bigdibbs is a nickname from Highschool basketball, since I am 6'9" and my last name is Dibble Very Happy.

Hello, Bigdibbs, I am 6'7" and was wondering where you get your ridewear. I am gearing up for the late winter rides.

UJ

http://www.nachicagonorth.com

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Bigdibbs,

Welcome to the best site for technical and for fun. Travel anywhere and there are members waiting to welcome you.

As for basketball, I am now 5' 8", was less in school but got to be on basketball team too.....Was fun.

The bike is only part of it, if this were a club the atmosphere would be excellent. We Irish Eccentrics are meeting up tomorrow..Christmas brunch.

92KK

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 49,200 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 63,390 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

Bigdibbs

Bigdibbs
Hello, Bigdibbs, I am 6'7" and was wondering where you get your ridewear. I am gearing up for the late winter rides.

UJ[/quote]

First Gear makes a long pant that fits really well. The coat I had to buy 2 sizes to big to get the sleeves long enough. Both coat and pant are Kilamajaro from First Gear. I had to special order the pants from a local shop.

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Welcome to the forum Bigdibbs nice looking machines you have and great area to live mate.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum