BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks rossco for the update and for stepping up to the plate with your assistance and support for Col and family.

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Sad reading, but he is an Aussie and tough and I am sure he will be OK. Just a matter of time.
Thanks Rossco for all updates. Keep 'em coming.
Ajays

AJAYS

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
It is truly amazing to see how you mob have closed in around this and are starting to take care of things for our man Col, his family, and his beloved K Bike. It is heart-warming to say the least, that a bunch of mates from across the globe, but especially the Aussie contingent, who hardly knew one another personally except for in this excellent forum - hell, we didn't even know his surname - can rally together for a cause and git 'er done. I will do what I can from afar.

I reckon there's gunna be a party at the end of this dark tunnel and we'll welcome our healed-up special guest as the man of honour. Cheers to all involved, and especially to those of you taking the lead.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
heres something i knocked up pretty much like any decent workplace requirements these days

have a look and see if you would want any more detail

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Contac10

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Rossco for the update....can't trust local tv! Thanks Charlie....looks good.....only problem is that you must be a naughty boy.....all those xxxs......you must be x rated!

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Terrible news and huge thanks to rossco for keeping us all posted about how he is going. Losing skin is very painful much more than broken bits in my experience. I am sure we are all sending our most positive of vibes for a speedy return to full health.
Regards,
K-BIKE

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Charlie, there needs to be an Emergency/Next of Kin contact 'phone number.

I'd centre the text in the columns and make the font bold and use capitals and... col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 161205

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
...as a side note, in the US, it is encouraged that one have in one's cell phone addresses, one named Emergency, for points of contact in case something gets out of hand.
Kinda blew it off...but now will fix.
Thinking of being out in the boonies, hurt, and no one knows how to get to your people except by looking at your cell phone.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Over here in Ozland, people enter ICE (In Case of Emergency) in their Contacts and then a relevant phone number.

The Police, Ambos etc advise that this is a great idea and have actually seen Police search through a mobile phone looking for ICE when assisting people in trouble.

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the update Rossco going to see RT today
Halo

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Latest update as written.

To all our wonderful friends we have good news. Col has been a bit naughty and taken it upon himself to remove the tubes that are helping him to breathe. When the nurses tried to put it back in he wouldn't let them so now he is breathing on his own with oxygen.
He is still very drowsy from the medication but is having short conversations with us. All your good wishes and offers for help have been a great comfort to the girls and myself.
Jo Brinley and Jenaya.

So there you have it.
Seems Col is more brick than man. Just can't keep the bastard down.

I am hoping to make a visit to the hospital tomorrow. I will check with Jo first. I don't expect to see you Col, but to talk to your family and let them know in person the support you and your family have from us would be enough.

rossco

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
brilliant work rossco ....thanks

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
update on the contacts list ...sorry i'm a shocker for presentation ...im a real tech head, what makes sence to me is lost on everyone else;;; sorry i always need an interpreter i guess

anyhow how does this look

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Contac12

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the info Rossco. Bloody Col, smart bugger.....worked out that the tubes would get in the way of having a beer! Sounds that he is heading in the right direction of his journey.

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie, still looks good, but can you help me a little. Do all Queenslanders have XXXX in their names? Isn't that a bit too patriotic?

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Top effort by all looking out for a fellow riding mate.A tribute to each and every one involved.
sounds like he's on the way to a quick mend, onya Col.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 10_x_110

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Thanks for the update, Rossco...........nice to hear that things moving in the correct direction.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I can just imagine he would be a stroppy bugger and do something like that. Laughing Good to see he's on the mend.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Inge K. wrote:Thanks for the update, Rossco...........nice to hear that things moving in the correct direction.

+1, good news!

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
"contact list" has been added in a separate post in the australian and new zealand rides and meetings forum

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Update on Col.

Mr Klompy and I went to see him today.
If there is any correlation between how he was complaining to the nurses and his present condition, Col is going to be fine.
He is very sore and still needs lots of surgery, but was happy to see us.
We passed on everyone's good wishes.
His wife and kids were pleased to see us. Someone else to talk to and a different perspective on how we know Col.

Not surprisingly Col has a very supportive network of friends from work and home and they are doing all they can for Col and his family.

He has been moved from intensive care to HD care.
HD care is high dependant or in Col's case High Independant.

Mr Klompy will tell you more.

rossco

K1100RS 0194321

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
rossco wrote:Update on Col..

Mr Klompy will tell you more.

rossco
Hello all update in regards to Col;

Rossco and I met Jo ( Cols lovely and very understanding missus ) and their
lovely daughters at Westmead Hospital.
We are hopeful that the repairs Col has coming ( starting tomorrow ) will return him to as new condition...was considering putting together a typical restoration diary but the people at Westmead may not appreciate the attention or for that point Col himself...but fortunately he appears in good spirits and is willing to battle the medical staff every step of the way...he continues to inform the nurses that he knows best in regards to how he is feeling...and is genuinely annoyed when they disagree...these are all good signs.
It will be a while till Col is seen dissappearing quickly into the sunset but rest assured just like the mighty K it takes more than a tumble to keep this brick down.

It seems the stroppy little bugger has had the tubes put back in and he is
not happy about it...although his left thumb appears to be on the mend. ( yes Cols is up just out of shot)

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Img_0221

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Img_0219
and on the way home col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Img_0223

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Au-log10

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Sounds good to me...thanks for the update Rossco
Allan J

AJAYS

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Klompy the grey brick wrote:
and on the way home

Given where we had just left and the fact the police car that was behind me is now out of sight I thought it best to do up my helmet strap.
Trust some bastard to have a camera.

K1100RS 0194321

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
onya klompy and rossco .....

cheers to the family ....from us up here

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
[quote="rossco"] the fact the police car that was behind me is now out of sight
HAHA to watch you followed at 50KMH by a highway patrol for a KM was worth it....

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
A huge thank you for taking the time to see Col and his family.

Great work guys!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah a big +1 on that.
I know how much it meant to me to have mates calling in and I was not as badly off as Col is and a lot younger at the time.
It will mean a lot to his family as well knowing that others are there for him.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Thanks for the update, Rossco & Klompy.

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Onya guys well done

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Thanks for the update and spending the time to see him and his familly (and the pictures).

For your information, The money collection for Col's familly is growing.
To be transparent and for clarity, I just sent a copy of all your donations (Col's funds and Forum funds) to the moderators.

Here is where what we have available in cash:

Forum Operational funds: $333.60(CAD) + $59.87(USD)
Col's familly hep funds: $497.70(CAD) + $146.50(USD) This is about $620(AUD)

With the moderators, we will soon decide when and how we will give the money to Col.
(It's still time to donate Very Happy )

Cheers,

CF

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Frog15col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Well done rossco and Klompy for going and cheering him up. I am glad they oxygen is back on, the risk with a punctured lung is infection and oxygen is a great antidote to anaerobic infection which can take hold. Peevish patients are a good sign because it shows they have some strength to fight and that is very good. It is lovely to see the good will in this group of K riders linked only by a common bike and then by friendship - good stuff, bless you all.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Well done people.....including Col. The tubes were put back in to shut him up?

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
"Well done people.....including Col. The tubes were put back in to shut him up?"
(o) (o) (o)
After having visited my nephew in the ICU section of Westmead last Sept, and the response he had to visitors,
I'm sure the guys are boosting Col's spirits. well done guys. col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 212902

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 10_x_110

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
ainsjac wrote:Well done people.....including Col. The tubes were put back in to shut him up?

If he wasn't so crook it would have been funny. Both his hands are completely bandaged. Except for one thumb. He has enough movement between this thumb and the bandaged hand to pull hoses and make gestures.
A nurse threatened to tie him to the bed.
Maybe bandaging the thumb would be a better move.

Don't thank us for doing what any one on the forum would do. Thank Jo, Col's wife for keeping us informed and allowing us to share the information with you.

rossco

K1100RS 0194321

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
rossco wrote:
ainsjac wrote:Well done people.....including Col. The tubes were put back in to shut him up?

If he wasn't so crook it would have been funny.
rossco

Very true Rossco, we had to calm the comedy down quite a bit....I know laughter is the best medicine but its not recommended when you have broken ribs...We feel confident that he will bounce back, but certainly not overnight, so as he improves and is still nearby he will get our visits....and with his permission pass feedback back to the rest of the fold....perhaps this is an opportune time to think of your own mortality and take just that little bit more care....

One thing my dad used to say that I have never forgotten other than " measure twice cut once" was when he said " you do not have to make all your own mistakes learn from others"....and I think this situation applies, regardless of how this accident happened, should you part company with your brick, there is a good chance there will be damage probably more to you than your bike...just food for thought.

To end this on a positive note Col is looking pretty damn good and he is feisty...think of Jo trying to keep him under control...

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:A huge thank you for taking the time to see Col and his family.

Great work guys!

+1 Guys.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
This is certainly GREAT news! Tough little bugger!! Tried to keep up with him a few times over the last few rides...discretion the better part of valour! Will he be transferred to Orange hospital further down the track?

Thanks a million to Rossco and Klompy for keeping us in touch.

How do I go about contributing to the "Col" fund?

Rickmeister.

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
You guys ROCK!

Keep the good work, and keep his spirit up.

CF

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Frog15col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
...Kudos for those looking after one of our own!

Good to see so many making the effort.

Last edited by JimK on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Latest news from Jo.

Great day today. Arrived to visit Col and he was sitting up out of bed. In good spirits chatting with us and staff. Very sore and aware of what damage he has done.

Go you good thing. Hopefully it won't be long before you read all this Col. Get well soon mate.

rossco

K1100RS 0194321

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Way to go Coll cheers. Thanks for keeping us up to date Rossco.

This would have to be the best forum around for support to its members. Great work guys & Gals.

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
I have only met Col once and have spoken on the phone to him on numerous occasions.

He is a very funny guy and when I have spoken to him always full of mischief.

I think Strong Willed is probably a term that comes to mind. Its great to hear that you are on the mend Col , K bikes we can always fix but blokes like you are one of a kind.

Cheers and hope to see you gettin about soon.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 170874

jandalboy

jandalboy
Silver member
Silver member
If your lovely family can smile,tells me things are going to be okay.Great news to start the New Years.Way to go bro!
Greg

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Update!!!

Straight from Rossco at the hospital.....

and yes he is almost tubeless....

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Img_0224

col our riding mate, missing on way to meet at mittagong - Page 2 Img_0225

Best new years so far...Col is just bouncing back....

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Fantastic guys

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Excellent news good to see he is in good spirits hopefully he'll be home soon
and great effort from the boys with visits and updates thank you hats off
regards Tony

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Thanks for for the update, nice to see that the recovery goes rather quick in the correct direction.

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

All the best Col glad you are on the mend, Heres to a speedy recovery.

BIG D

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Great news and great pics good to see him looking so much better.
Regards,
K-BIKE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum