BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greetings from Sydney Australia Empty Greetings from Sydney Australia Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:13 am

geoffwhere

geoffwhere
Just found this forum after several years of excellent help from our cousins at Flying Brick. It's good to see many 'locals' from Down Under (I'm including friends from across the Tasman Sea in the Eastern Isles of Australia, NZ).

Within hours of joining I found stuff that has been of great help, including a posting in colour of a K100 wiring diagram that helped me confirm how to hook up my new Moto GPS and a straight forward guide to getting under the tank to access the electrical relay box. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

My bike is an original K100RS 16V built in 1991, compliance plated in 1992, purchased in 2005 - 3rd owner. I've done some minor cosmetic things to it to bring it up to full showroom spec (including an unreal fairing respray that cost more than I bargained for but it looks fabulous). It's got 78,000kms on the odo and it's going as strong as the day it first drew breath.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting some new acquaintances along the way in this group.

Cheers and Stay Upright,
Geoff Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   Greetings from Sydney Australia Empty Re: Greetings from Sydney Australia Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Geoff and welcome and I am not sure if our Kiwi friends will be thrilled with the "Eastern Isles" reference Very Happy,
but your "unreal fairing respray" begs a picture so I will be looking forward to it.

I tend to think the 16V RS is up there with the best of them in the looks department.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   Greetings from Sydney Australia Empty Re: Greetings from Sydney Australia Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Hello Geoff,

This is true that the Kiwis are invading this forum. I was trying to find how many of them are registered here, but cannot pull this statistic from the database. It seems that the K bikes are very popular down under.

The Flying Brick is a very good forum, and I know that some of our members are also active there.

We do not try to rewrite the technical book on the K100, but sometimes present a repair with more pictures and explanations than the Haynes manual.

Hope you will enjoy this forum

Welcome

Bert

4Back to top Go down   Greetings from Sydney Australia Empty Re: Greetings from Sydney Australia Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:16 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Geoff,
Great place Sydney, I lived there for a while off and on and would recommend it to anyone, only problem is the cost of housing there compared to the rest of Aus. Much the same here in Auckland but you guys in the West Island have it worse. Both NZ and Australia are great places to own a bike if you want to enjoy scenery.

Fantastic to have you on board and looking forward to some hi res shots of your bike.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Greetings from Sydney Australia Empty AUCKLAND Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:59 am

geoffwhere

geoffwhere
Hi K-Bike,

I appreciate your sentiments re house prices in Sydney, and fully endorse your views on biking enjoyment, both here and in East Bondi Wink

My younger son has just returned to Sydney after 2.5 years living in Auckland (Point Chev) and I was lucky enough to get glimpses of the true beauty of the city and out around Cliveden region, etc. Truly beautiful.

This weekend I took the opportunity to get the dust off my K and gave it a good run this morning up the freeway to Mount White and back down the Old Pacific Hwy - it was a fantastic day in Sydney and a beautiful ride, made all the better by such a magnificent bike, not to mention the great coffee and pies at 'Pie In the Sky'.

Best regards from across the Tasman,
Geoff

6Back to top Go down   Greetings from Sydney Australia Empty Re: Greetings from Sydney Australia Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
Hi Geoff. Great site with loads of great help. Dust on a K? Really, dont let the forums standards slip Old Bean. Cool riding. BTB

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum