BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
https://youtu.be/Zx8LA_-6CRw

FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THIS VIDEO OF TWOWHEELSBETTER CLICK THIS.

twb, The bike needs a polish...!

AJAYS

2Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:45 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
Awesome. Great video, TWB. I noticed your mirror extentions. I may like to copy that... and a few other things.

UJ

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY K100_m12

TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY K75_po12
TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

3Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:18 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
shes a keeper twb ....bet your longing to ride the old girl someday soon ...

cheers !

thanks for the link ajays

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Really nice bike with great, subtle mods.

What are the chrome rings on the bar end weights? Are they part of the weights or a spacer? Are they K1100 weights?

Cheers Very Happy
Dave

5Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Throttlemeisters, Dave. Not cheap but they shure are purdy!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

6Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:05 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks 88, I like them. Thought - well they'll never work with heated grips - but looks like they do. Another craving to try and ignore....it's a terrible afflication Very Happy

7Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Did that vid spontaneously in the backyard last year before coming over to Americaland. I do miss 'er. Heaps. The R1150RT I'm on now is a great bike, smooth, comfy, eats the miles, but the Mighty K has something I just can't explain...

Those are stock K1100RS mirror extensions bought from Motobins for about AU$50 about three years ago on a run-out sale. I think they're about $80 normally. You can prolly get some secondhand ones cheap. They work well, especially with my wider stance 'bars. Otherwise I'd be looking at me elbows.

The Throttlemeisters work, just. They're better at controlling the throttle than as bar end weights intended for vibe reducing. The Mighty K just resonates to 'er own tune.

I look forward to getting back to OZ just after the newly-called federal election (14th September) to begin anew on some more mods designed to make the old girl just that much more fun to ride.

Cheers all.

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

8Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
We wait in keen anticipation to learn what new wizardry you have in mind for the K, very nice video too.
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
I've been driving a turbo Mini lately and was thinking....I like the rush that comes with the spool-up when you plant your right boot...just thinking.

Wink

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

10Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Hey TWB l want to build the mega squirt ecu up and use first for any improvements via remaping etc they are only 200 a kit what do you think

11Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have been thinking megasquirt lately as I am not at all happy with the motronic on the K1100.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

12Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Halo wrote:Hey TWB l want to build the mega squirt ecu up and use first for any improvements via remaping etc they are only 200 a kit what do you think

Perhaps when I get back there. I think a simple adjustable higher pressure fuel regulator would add some extra on-demand 'urge' too.

13Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Yes it is a nice bike!

Mega Squirt? (sp) Have a look here. With thanks to Motobrick.com.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

14Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah I've been talking to max about it and the one he is doing. He is a very clever guy.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

15Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Themason

Themason
Gold member
Gold member
[quote="Two Wheels Better"][quote="Halo"]Hey TWB l want to build the mega squirt ecu up and use first for any improvements via remaping etc they are only 200 a kit what do you think[/quote]

Perhaps when I get back there. I think a simple adjustable higher pressure fuel regulator would add some extra on-demand 'urge' too.[/quote]

Nope, does nothing. Been there done that.

1984 K-100RS Alaska Blue w/Parelever and 16V wheels.

1984 K-100RS Metallic Madison stock

1986 R-80G/S w/1000 cc engine

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Mirage Orange w/XR1200 wheels, Race Tech, True Track, Works Performance shocks

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Vivid Black stock

1993-ish K-100/1100RT/LT hemaphrodite frankenbike thingy to be painted satin black from a rattle can eventually

16Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Themason

Themason
Gold member
Gold member
There is nothing to be gained from a Megasquirt injection system except the opportunity to get it very wrong. Whether or not you chose to go with Megasquirt or learn the black arts behind Bosch L-Jetronic, you will still have to learn the basics of fuel injection and the details of a particular system. Take it from me, L-Jet has no real shortcomings and is easily tunable with hand tools, once you understand what you are doing inside that black plastic cover over the potentiometer (and learn how to pry it off gently without damaging it).

There are automotive websites that explain what goes on inside an air flow meter and how to modify them. A one click reduction in spring pre-load on the vane changes throttle response [i]a lot[/i]. Two clicks on some bikes is too much. You will have to learn how to adjust the potentiometer in suit with adjustments to spring pre-load on the vane. In reality it is easier than trying to suss out an AFR table on something like a Megasquirt. L-Jet gives you a dead flat AFR across the rev range if you keep the TPS installed. If you have spent any time dyno tuning an Alfa-N system you know this is not so easy to achieve on other systems.

L-Jet and the stock injectors can deliver more fuel than the engine can use, so don't fool yourself into thinking you can get more power out of some other form of fuel injection.

1984 K-100RS Alaska Blue w/Parelever and 16V wheels.

1984 K-100RS Metallic Madison stock

1986 R-80G/S w/1000 cc engine

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Mirage Orange w/XR1200 wheels, Race Tech, True Track, Works Performance shocks

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Vivid Black stock

1993-ish K-100/1100RT/LT hemaphrodite frankenbike thingy to be painted satin black from a rattle can eventually

17Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
See what I mean.....

AJAYS

18Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
I am a electronic design engineer therefore it is in my nature to fiddle, l will continue my research and like with all projects at the end of my analysis l will make a informed and calculated decision ,,then l will be delighted to continue this conversion with you.
Halo

19Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:22 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
So I have started my research on both the LE injection (E is for open loop non lambda sensor type, that is non oxygen sensor with close loop response type). Initial thoughts as follows

LE injection system is an antiquated (but lovely guys I like these old girls remember) way to run a fuel injection system that relies on operating with a predetermined (open loop) fuel map instead of closed loop feedback controlled fuel injection that varies the fuel injector output according to real time data, whilst the closed loop system is useful for fuel emissions( dont really care) it is also advantages for fuel injection efficiency.
The FI(fuel injection) module in our girls isn't even microprocessor controlled, purely a analog (hardware solution) you purely follow the rpm signal through whilst it is divided down and condition (mainly by the rpm & afm signals) but post conditioned via capacitive & resistive slew rates fed via temp sensor et, then fed into a logic gate to clean up the signal and out to the injectors.
You can modify the afm preload and it is true that this will adjust (enrich) the outcome for performance at the exspense of fuel efficiency and emmisions but you can't measure real time and adjust accordingly through the rev range. Resistor changes can be made to the rpm rev limit (alot on this in forums alfas, volvo etc) and other points that will change max dwell etc and these can be changed and tested as at the end of the day you are just following a waveform with the scope to the injectors. Funny really you can think of the resistor changes as constant parameters in software for a micro controller, variable only at the design( variants for different car types) and manufacturing stage and burnt into OTP (one time programable) micro controllers.
However we all know how much difference a performance chip upgrade to a modern car can improve its power(it's just remapped).
What about tunning for a different exhaust system or modification like K1100 TB's etc or even better?.
The equation for lambda 14.7:1 is for max emmisions efficienty not power therefore a narrow band oxygen sensor is no good and a wide band sensor will be purchased so I can check O2 levels at different AFR's
So the go is a mega squirt 3 with the expander card for sequential injection with the version three main board, this will give me bluetooth to my galaxy note for tuning realtime on the road all up around $600 for the kit form (with $200 O2 sensor included)
The original ignition module will be used for logic level ignition sequencer driven from the megasquirt.
Not bad value when they offer the MS3 premade in a IP69 rated case (dont care for me) for around $1200 without the lambda sensor affraid
Wow it is facinating reading about fuel injection systems
Halo

Last edited by Halo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:54 am; edited 4 times in total

20Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cool halo some good thinking there for sure ...

i had the opinion that the micro squirt could handle sequential injector (for sure ) and coils ...if need be (maybe an expander for the extra coil drivers ?

i think we should start a new thread for this ...

its a good thing

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

21Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Yes Charlie would consider sequential ignition as well (instead of waste ignition) this would suit the MS3 ECU mods well just two more K100 coils would be the go with only one connection per coil to the cylinder or parelleled up.

22Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You would be better off using K75 coils as they are only 1 lead. Not so sure I would use sequential as mostly it only gives better idle and better emissions in low ranges just above idle.

23Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:56 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Yes good idea Rick, good thing is at a flick of a input switch I can change between sequential & concurrent.

24Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:00 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
True but I am not a fan of the sequential on small high reving engines but on things like a 5lt v8 yes as at 1500 rpm at 100kph you need it but at 4000rpm and a small charge it stays vaporised till induction.

25Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:43 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
I shall investigate

26Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
I KNOW MY PLACE...!

AJAYS

27Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:30 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good on you Halo fascinating research.
Regards,
K-BIKE

28Back to top Go down   TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Empty Re: TWB'S PRIDE AND JOY Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Cheers K bike

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum