BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty Hello from aus , been a while Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

ausbrick

ausbrick
Silver member
Silver member
[img:4562]https://www.k100-forum.com/Hello from aus , been a while 079[/img][img:4562]https://www.k100-forum.com/Hello from aus , been a while PA130126-Copy_zps8f00f119[/img][img:4562]https://www.k100-forum.com/Hello from aus , been a while PA130123-Copy_zps2555f237[/img]Hi its been a fair while since last visiting this site,good to see its still firing on all 4. I'm looking to hear from other Aussie k junkies for possible rides- annual runs- parts sharing. I'm getting a bit of a collection 2k1100s, 2k75s and a lot of parts I,m located in Melbourne,Mornington penninsula is my local area. Photos are of my k1100s I have tinkered with a little to suit my needs.Cheers Brick

2Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty Re: Hello from aus , been a while Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Gday mate and welcome...or should i say welcome back!
I like the tail section and seat on that red bike.

3Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty Re: Hello from aus , been a while Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:25 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome back brick,
have you fitted larger front rotors ?, just looking at the extension brackets on the front brakes.
Sean , those wheels look cool too. niiiiiiice!!

does anyone know if the side plastics also fit the 100's?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Hello from aus , been a while 10_x_110

4Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty Re: Hello from aus , been a while Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good to see you posting ausbrick

a few things organised for this year ...may sees us heading to neranderra

and september to bathurst

not sure whats happening down your neck of the woods so to speak

enjoy !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty R1150 brakes& wheels Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:21 am

ausbrick

ausbrick
Silver member
Silver member
Hi guys , might be in on the Bathurst run Charlie I'll keep an eye out for any details . Grover the discs and wheels are off an r1150 ,it took a bit of modifying involving mounting the calipers further out to fit the larger diameter discs also the front wheel had different axle diameters,worth it as it now pulls up real quick with an excellent back brake which doesn't fade or overheat .Side panels won't fit straight on but can be done with small mods. The seat is a reshaped and covered normal k the duck tail is a k with about 75mm cut out and shortened the frame to suit. Love riding this bike its a hoot, bit worried about the licence though it just wants to go quick all the time.Twisted Evil Cheers the brick

6Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty Hello from aus , been a while Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:12 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I have to ask about those carby esque chrome breathers on the red one. What have you done?.
RT

7Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty Air Filters Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:12 pm

ausbrick

ausbrick
Silver member
Silver member
Hi RT I origanally played around with losing the standard air box to try and disapate the heat that k1100s generate. It does help allowing more room for the heat from rad to exit . I used the origanal intake pipes and rams and found these little pod filters that fit over the end(just)this mod can't be done on k100 as they have an air flow meter built in to airbox the k1100 only runs a small air temp sensor which has been plumbed into the rear filter ,also plumbed the breather pipe with a pcv valve into the intake manifold similar to older style car systems . Works well and breaths much better with a shortened and gutted k100 exhaust just got to keep away from dirt roads ,looking at putting some foam socks over the mesh and oiling as in dirt bike set ups. Cheers Brick

8Back to top Go down   Hello from aus , been a while Empty Re: Hello from aus , been a while Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for showing your work, good to have you with us .
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum