BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Empty Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:42 am

ChrisJF

ChrisJF
having recently announced to the forum that on returning to K-bike ownership I had acquired a new Rukka Athos jacket, this turned out to be premature - the vendor (http://www.biker-land.de - generally MUCH cheaper than prices in the UK and with excellent customer service reports) advised that they couldn't supply one in my - rather large Embarassed - size after all. Bless my soul and bother me, I said, or words to that effect.

Idly perusing a back copy of Ride Magazine, I saw that they had given the Halvarssons Spartacus/Zen jacket one of their "recommended" awards I thought I'd investigate further. A Swedish company, they make a range of tough outdoor and M/C gear which seem to tick all the boxes. For the Spartacus Jacket, the company blurb states :

Halvarssons Spartacus Textile Motorcycle Jacket, in black and grey, uses Airguard
and ballistic textile materials in a versatile waterproof and windproof multi layer
motorcycle jacket that adapts to changing weather and temperature conditions. The
Halvarssons Spartacus Motorcycle Jacket is suitable for all year round riding, whether
you are a rider or a pillion.

The Spartacus Motorcycle Jacket benefits from the Dryway Plus technology of keeping you
dry in the unexpected downpour, HI-ART®️ High Abrasion Resistant Textile in the exposed
areas protecting you where you need it most and the detachable Outlast technology that
keeps you comfortable all day, every day as this is a high-tech material that evens out
differences in temperature, cold gets warm and warm gets cool.

Benefits and Features of the Halvarssons Spartacus Motorcycle Jacket includes;
Made from Airguard and ballistic
Outlast technology the temperature regulating material for use in cold and warm weather.
Hi Art Technology for maximum abrasion resistance
Detachable Dryway Plus waterproof and breathable membrane.
Fully Adjustable CE approved shoulder and elbow armour.
Pocket to accept either a Halvarssons Converter L2 Back Protector or a Halvarssons
Secure L2 Back Protector
Width adjustment for jacket and sleeves.
Zipped venting system.
Reflective panels.
Zipped pockets.
Waist zip allowing connection to other Halvarssons Motorcycle trousers or Pants

Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Sparta10

Well now. It seems tough, water- and wind-proof , is longer in the body than others in the range - ideal for touring - it's warm and armoured so, after perusing eBay and the like where several vendors were offering discounted jackets, what's not to like ? My credit card was dragged out of hiding and a jacket with back protector ordered.

It fits (!), its very comfortable, it appears to be very well made - almost Rukka-like in quality - and with its vents, sensibly sized and located pockets, proper zips ( not the "ziploc" types that seem to be in vogue at the moment 🇳🇴 ) and easily removed lining it is rather impressive. And the best part is that its just over half the price of the equivalent Rukka. OK its only a two year warranty as opposed to Rukka's five but that's the only downside I can see at present.

Will report back later after further testing Laughing

Last edited by ChrisJF on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : better image selected / spelling.)

2Back to top Go down   Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Empty Re: Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Are you going to model this item?....and do you have a link to cost etc...

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Au-log10

3Back to top Go down   Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Empty Prices &c Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:33 am

ChrisJF

ChrisJF
model ? affraid Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket 25650 Do you want to scare the horses ?

Prices are very varied - anything up to £380 so you need to shop around - I got mine from an eBay vendor in the UK for £330. Their "smaller" sizes Embarassed are going for a lot less - £290 or so.

4Back to top Go down   Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Empty Re: Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:10 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Scare the horses? The easy way to do that is to mention beef burgers to them.....

horse/beef burgers

Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket 169042Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket 169034

5Back to top Go down   Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Empty Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:55 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I would have thought that as horses don't have mad cow disease, that this would be a natural progression for you guys.
Nice jacket, out of my league, I hit Aldi stores for my last one. Looks as cheap as it was.
RT

6Back to top Go down   Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Empty Re: Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Life time member
Life time member
twincarb wrote:Scare the horses? The easy way to do that is to mention beef burgers to them.....

horse/beef burgers

Neigh Nay Lad......just say 100% beef lasagne!
Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Cows10

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

7Back to top Go down   Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Empty Re: Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Nothing wrong with Horses, potatoes, peas and plenty gravy nice Smile half of europe can't be wrong Halvarssons Spartacus Jacket 652573

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum