BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
On another email list for Mercedes cars I also hang out on there are a bunch of the nicest people you could wish to meet, just like here on this list. Every now and then someone writes a story about how something happened to them that in retrospect either is funny or makes some people laugh. This is from one of those people a top guy known as PDQ.
Regards,
K-BIKE

For a number of months now I've planned a privately guided tour for members of my MBCA section at the Winterthur Museum, starting at 10AM. So, this morning I got up, showered & dressed and told my wife that I needed to run a number of errands, that I'd be back at 8:45, and we needed to be pulling out of the driveway at 9AM sharp. I told her I was leaving right away to run errands. She said she had to move her car, as she'd parked in the drive way, and then she was going to walk the Kisu the Wonderdog, our 14.5 y.o. standard poodle.

So, I go pull together shirts that have to go to the laundry, walk into the garage and hit the button to open the garage door on my side. Up it goes. as I'm walking across the garage I notice motion, and with the garage door about 6' in the air, it's our poodle dangling from his leash, tied to the outside handle of the garage door.

So I bolt back to the switches & hit the button for my door again, to have it go down, I then hit the button to raise the garage door on my wife's side & go running to help the dog. 1 second later I see my door come to a halt - the dog's leg had triggered the optical safety sensor & now the door was going up again. So I race back to the switches and hit it again to lower it, and before I can take 1 step it stops and reverses, as the dog is kicking its legs. So for the next second or 2 I'm standing there frantically hitting the switch -- as soon as I hear it stop, I hit the button. 2 - 4" down, 1" up. 2 - 4" down, 1" up, until finally the door was completely on the ground.

I run outside just as my wife walks up, unaware of what happened. When I asked why in God's name she'd done that, she said she didn't want the dog following her while she moved her car. I then asked the rhetorical questions of (1) why didn't you leave the dog inside the house versus trying to do both at once and (2) why didn't she tie the leash to the handle on her side, given she was moving her car knowing that I was about to leave and would be raising the door.

The dog, coughed twice, and then looked at her as if to say -- it's time for my walk lets get going.

In a macabre way this seems funny now, except for the fact that there are times that I hit the switch & go back in the house. If I hadn't seen the dog when I did & reverse things, it probably would have broken his neck when the door reached its full up position.

Not exactly the way I like to start my day......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum