BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Cell Phone Radiation Empty Cell Phone Radiation Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:52 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Came across an interesting site in an IT journal. http://www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation/Get-a-Safer-Phone?allphones=1

Not a zealot on this but it seems to me that less is better.
Regards,
K-Bike

2Back to top Go down   Cell Phone Radiation Empty Re: Cell Phone Radiation Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
A year ago, I was reading a survey made in the EU stating that bluetooth doesn't generate as many radiation as a celluar phone and I am now wearing a this type of device for my cell phone communication. (Due to the nature of my job, I spend between 2 and 3 hours a day on my cell phone.)

I am just testing a new internet wireless router with a power of 600Mw. It's fast (108mb) and has at least 3 times the range of a standard router. It is so powerful that it's not yet approved in Canada. My question is what type of radiation am I bombarded with this device?
We want speed and convenience to the detriment of our health....
Nothing else to say. This is our choice and we have to live with our bad decisions.

3Back to top Go down   Cell Phone Radiation Empty Re: Cell Phone Radiation Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:21 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi,
Broadly speaking it is what would be called microwave radiation. Interesting point about wireless routers, I personally will not allow them in the house but my concern is one of security. The problem with a wireless router is the security against illicit access is not great hence if someone within range wishes to browse objectionable sites it is you that gets the 3 o'clock knock by the boys in blue not them.

Can I suggest to all K Bike riders if you must have them make sure they are locked down as tightly as they can be, get someone with the skills that Bert has to check your set-up on site at home. I don't mean bug Bert to check for you, find an IT guru locally who can check, it could avoid you having to answer very unpleasant lines of questioning along with the impounding of your computer/s for weeks for forensic examination.

Now back to the original question, as the power falls off as the inverse square of distance if your modem is right beside you and you spend all day beside it that would be a bad thing. If it is a way away then the signal level is low.

If anyone wants a surprise go in to your phone menu and look at the time spent on the phone it will be a scary number all of which is blasting your brain with microwave, don't know if it is bad but I do know it's not good!

One place often not considered for microwave exposure is beside shipping lanes and airports the focussed beam of ship radar is many kilowatts - not good. I know the main approach radar at King Fahd Airport is 2 megawatts others are probably similar. The pilot & co-pilot are facing right down the beam at times!

I recall a demonstration at a site which I cannot tell you where it is, the site engineer told me the beam killed birds and getting on his radio as a flight of birds passed in front of the antenna he said light her up and they all dropped out of the air like stones.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Cell Phone Radiation Empty Re: Cell Phone Radiation Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:22 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I was just checking the health Canada web site for unrelated information, and found on the main page a link to cell phone safety.
Click here to access Health Canada Web site

5Back to top Go down   Cell Phone Radiation Empty Re: Cell Phone Radiation Mon May 17, 2010 11:55 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Latest information is not good although was it ever going to be?
As little as 30 minutes a day may increase your risk of a brain tumour and as always there is a lot of "ifs, buts and maybes" and we can be assured this is not the end of the story as mobile phone manufacturers just like cigarette companies will produce their own surveys.

Sounds like a good time to switch to bluetooth which is of course as safe as houses.........

Still there is always something that is going to kill you so what do you do?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum