BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Introduction Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Monty150565

Monty150565
Hi there, after nearly 30 years of motorcycles I have my first BMW. Most of my bikes have been Italian with the odd American thrown in. I came across this 83 K100 when looking for a cheap bike I could ride while I am doing a long term resto on a 74 Guzzi. Picked up this neglected K for under $1000 and hauled it home. Basic repairs needed for rego. are a new front tyre, rear brake disc, rear master cylinder (done), seat recover and the instrument cluster needs replacing. Despite the lack of love this bike has had in the past it is complete and in pretty good shape. Aim is to get it up and running and registered and then tidy it up and possibly try and beautify the headlight area. I've already got some pretty good info from the forum so decided I should join up.

2Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Monty welcome to the forum.
Think I remember seeing that K100 for sale at sometime.
If you have it ready by 4th May come to Narrandera.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Introduction Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Monty
always good to have another New South Welshman aboard.
Whereabouts are you placed? area will do
RT

4Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Monty150565

Monty150565
Thanks Guys, located in Port Macquarie NSW. What is happening in Narranderra?

5Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
We the Aussie members are having a get together on 4th may see the thread "May 2013 what we doing" and come along, its a good time and a chance to put faces to the names.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Welcome Monty

You don't know Bruce Jamison do you?

As Rick said 'good chance to put faces to names' although some faces are better off staying as names.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

7Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Monty150565

Monty150565
Hi Rossko, no can't say that I know Bruce.

8Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Monty, plenty of tech info here so don't bin the instrument cluster without enquiring of the gurus.

9Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 am

Monty150565

Monty150565
Thanks Ghost, I did open it up and take a look but it has a high tide mark in it from a cracked outer housing. I think it's working days are over. All the lights work but no speedo or tach.

10Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 am

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
Velcome to dis Knuthouse.
I hear the fishing is not to bad up there. If it's anything like Forster. you could have someone crashing at your place now and then Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

11Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Monty, another K is always welcome.
Sounds like some simple stuff to get the old girl back on the road, hope all goes well.
the team here has all the right info to lead you in the right direction, so don't hesitate to ask .
are there any good ride spots up your way, you might be able to convince the Hunter guys for a run sometime.
Being a Guzzi rider, have you been to Bretti at all for the Ragged Fringe Rally, held in Sept ?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Introduction 10_x_110

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum