BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Bonjour from Toronto Empty Bonjour from Toronto Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:16 pm

sylvanus

sylvanus
Hi,

I've read the forums here for years and decided it was finally time to participate.

Toronto has the worst (I think) motorcycle insurance rates in Canada, but the free parking downtown makes it worth the challenge to cross streetcar tracks, get noticed by taxis, and connect with a great city overall.

My ride of choice for the last decade or so is an '92 K100RS in Pearl. I wish it had heated grips for the late fall rides, but overall is great.

Would love to find more K100 or K1100 owners to share tools and expertize with.

2Back to top Go down   Bonjour from Toronto Empty Re: Bonjour from Toronto Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm

yvesta

yvesta
Bonjour,
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of money are you looking at to insure a bike like this in CA. Here in the states, I am surprised how cheap it is in comparison to some Western Europe countries. My current rate here is $130 for a year. Of course that is with minimum coverage.
Cheers,
Yvester

3Back to top Go down   Bonjour from Toronto Empty Re: Bonjour from Toronto Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Sylvanus welcome to the forum. There are several members in your area that we see from time to time here, you could keep an eye out for them and make contact.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Bonjour from Toronto Empty insurance rates Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am

sylvanus

sylvanus
Basic coverage ($1M liability) is over $600 for the year with my K100. \

Going with a small Honda or Suzuki would bring it to the $300 range last time i checked.

5Back to top Go down   Bonjour from Toronto Empty Re: Bonjour from Toronto Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Hi and welcome,

Yes, insurance in Ontario is expensive. My insurance is $600+ per year per bike, as well. Could be worse though; it's not uncommon for twenty-year olds with SS to pay $2500/year. As for Toronto parking, it's getting to be scarse in the core. With Mayor Ford's agenda to squeeze money from everything, free parking might be a thing of the past in the not too distant future.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum