BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Who understands the frame numbers? Empty Who understands the frame numbers? Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:25 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I just purchased a K75 parts bike (or part of one)
The Vin is: WB105720XJ0150963. I can not read the date of mfg. When I originally bought the speedo off this same bike, the owner then said he thought it was a 1989???? It had 79,000 miles on the odo, when I purchased the instrument cluster.
Who can tell us more about the specific K75 model? I'm guessing it was a naked bike.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Chassis number 0150963
Vehicle code 0572
Series K569
Model K 75 S (0563 ( 0572) )
Body type 0572)
Catalog model USA
Production date 1987 / 06
Engine K 75 S (0563
Transmission
Steering
Catalyzer NONE

HERE

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

3Back to top Go down   Who understands the frame numbers? Empty THANK YOU Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:50 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Thank You so much....
Actually, not a lot left to sell off this one. Looks looks the front forks and steering are re-useable. I read somewhere that the K75 front fork was superior to the 85 Krs I have now. It does have the built in fork brace and a 2 piece front fender.
I wish I knew more about the "Fluid-Loc" dampener system. If this bike has it, could it re retrofitted into my 85K100rs steering head? I don't really understand how that bit works at all.
Looks like I'll get a nice pair of front rotors off it at least. I have yet to measure them, but they look relatively good.
Has a motronic box and ign. module box, throttle bodies, injectors, etc. and a rear drive. a good spline driveshaft but the U-joint has a tight spot in one direction. The PO or the one before him actually, buggered the splines on the gearshift selector shaft so that definitely needs replaced before the trans box would be useable. The PO did indeed have it started up with a temporary fuel supply system. I have the 4 into one header but no muffler. I have 1 of the foot peg plates.
I'm disassembling now. Everything I have is for sale. No body parts but do have a lower brachet below the radiator that someone may need to mount other naked parts??? Looks like the radiator fan is ok as well as the radiator.
Have most of the wiring and all the relays, fuse box, etc. Front wheel is possibly good.
Let me know if any of you are looking for any of these items. Have handlebars & switches (L&R) no ign switch. No dash switches. No tank or speedo

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The K75s had a much shorter travel in the front forks and they are a smaller diameter than the K100 so you need to use the clamps as well they will have an S stamped on the bung on the top of the fork. If you want the sports type of bike yes they are a better fork but I believe the standard K100 fork is a better bet for touring, thats my opinion.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Who understands the frame numbers? Empty why, thanks Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:41 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Why thanks for that info!!.....I didn't really want to tear down the rs anyway......just wanted to learn the differences.
wonder if there's any market out there (USA) for the used front end parts off the 75???? I bought this bike only for parts to sell. Are the starters different? I now have 2 alts & 2 starters..........I'm trying to decide if I should refurbish those parts & sell them as rebuilt or sell them as they were received. At least one of the two sets should be rebuilt and then swapped in to my rs, as those haven't been addressed yet.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The front ends are interchangeable but in it's entyrity, the engine of course and gearbox is interchangeable but 5th gear is slightly lower ratil K100 1.61 - 1 amd K75 1.67 - 1 and that makes the main input shaft different, rear drive is 3.2 - 1 and K100 is either 2.82 or 2.91 - 1 ECU and ICU are very model specific.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Rick,
My BMW Repair manual; K models, (1988) shows that the gearbox is identical throughout the range......5th gear at 1.67.
Was the ratio changed for later K75's?
Puzzled Paul.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have info from original sales literature on every model K till the 1200 and all say 1.61 for the K100 and 1.67 for the K75.
The info came from a copy paste from a PDF of the original spec sheets that went with the sales brochures which were on motobrick.com and when I had a K75 apart about 2 years ago I checked and it is right.

PS I just went to the motobrick site to recheck my info and it isnt available. Hope it hasnt closed as it was a good resorce and Drake put a lot of good work into it.
Can anyone shed some light on what if anything has happened.

Last edited by RicK G on Wed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Went there earlier today and got a message that Motobrick was moving to a new server. The DNS records are presently gone. Give it a day or so.

BTW, haven't heard from Drake in ages. He used to post to several forums regularly but he's been quiet for a couple months now. Anyone know what's happening there?

EDIT: I see that Drake posted to ADVrider today. Can't imagine why he's so quiet as of late. Same with Inge K.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum