BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi from Manchester, UK Empty Hi from Manchester, UK Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:51 am

evolucidity

evolucidity
Hi all!

Just acquired my first K, an '89 K100 RS. Very Happy

It's got a genuine 19.5 k miles on the clock going off the previous MOT slips, hard luggage kit, Remus s/s can, Goodridge hoses and a nice blue and white custom paint job (with a few battle scars). Pic to follow soon.

I've had a few bikes in the past and I also have a 2000 Harley FXDX, and have just sold my '83 Triumph Trident.
I'm finding the Beemer really nice to ride with just a couple of niggles...

There's a kind of harshness to the vibes that comes in at around 3k revs and smooths out again by 4k. Is this normal, a just-get-used-to-it thing? I'm finding the handle grips too thin and have ordered some grip puppies to bulk them out a bit. Maybe they'll take some of the vibe out.

I took it for a whizz on the motorway last night and was kind of expecting to find another gear when I got to around 70mph. Maybe it's me, but it seems a little weird hearing the engine go up past 5k revs to reach 90mph. Again, there was something a bit 'harsh' about the vibes at this speed. Granted I haven't serviced it yet though, so I don't know when everything was last changed. New plugs and air filter could transform it, I suppose.

Anyhow, I'm really enjoying looking around here and have already picked up tips on maintenance. Hi from Manchester, UK 112350

Looking forward to getting to know you and contributing to the community.

sunny Steve

http://www.stevesimonsphotography.com

2Back to top Go down   Hi from Manchester, UK Empty Re: Hi from Manchester, UK Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:54 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings welKome to the Knuthaus

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Hi from Manchester, UK Empty Re: Hi from Manchester, UK Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Welcome Steve,

Surpirse Rick didn't mention it, but have a look HERE

Gives you a bit of a starting guide on what to do with your new bike.

Sounds kind of standard to me what you are experiencing.

Mine buzzes like crazy around 100-115kph then just goes aaahhh and settles down. Trouble is by that stage I am speeding on all of the major roads. Then again, I guess you are only speeding if they catch you.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

4Back to top Go down   Hi from Manchester, UK Empty Re: Hi from Manchester, UK Wed May 01, 2013 12:22 pm

evolucidity

evolucidity
Here she is. Not too bad for 24 years young. ❤
Hi from Manchester, UK Photo

Cool Steve

http://www.stevesimonsphotography.com

5Back to top Go down   Hi from Manchester, UK Empty Re: Hi from Manchester, UK Wed May 01, 2013 5:47 pm

gmcq

gmcq
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the forum. BMW designed the vibs in for character Very Happy you will get used to it. They are a great bike, have fun.

GMcQ

6Back to top Go down   Hi from Manchester, UK Empty Re: Hi from Manchester, UK Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the site Steve - good to have you along for the ride Wink

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum