BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty G'day from Guyra NSW Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
I bought a very nice bike with low 24.000 K's that hadn't been run in more than 5 years. After changing all fluids & filters, replacing the battery and cleaning the old fuel from the system, it started and ran well. But it drips a good amount of oil from under the water pump, hoping this is just an easy fix with a new seal ? any ideas.
Cheers Craig

2Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Smithy welcome to the Knuthaus. you make 2 from Guyra you probably have seen him or at least know his dog in the sidecar.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 am

Hi mate and welcome!
Not a brown LT is it?
Water pump should be an easy fix. You might want to check other perishable items too...throttle o-rings etc.
Sean.

4Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Tue May 21, 2013 5:24 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Does that mean there will be TWO vehicles on the road in Guyra's rush hour????.......and a dog!

5Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Tue May 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Craig you have increased the membership of Guyra by 100%. Well done. Do you have a dog?

6Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
sidecar paul wrote:Does that mean there will be TWO vehicles on the road in Guyra's rush hour????.......and a dog!
In rush hour you cant move for motorbikes now they're everywhere. Very Happy

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

7Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Wed May 22, 2013 5:44 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Saxon7 wrote:Hi mate and welcome!
Not a brown LT is it?
Water pump should be an easy fix. You might want to check other perishable items too...throttle o-rings etc.
Sean.
Are you asking about the Copper Brown 1100LT that was for sale beside the road south of Guyra (cant think of what town). I seen that the other weekend on my trip to Glen Innes.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

G'day from Guyra NSW K-dogs10

8Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 am

I had a look at that one yesterday as I was passing by. ( Moonbi). Nice nick, belongs to a Belgian bloke who will move on I guess.
But no...I was talking about a chocolate brown one I have seen here once or twice. Spoke to the owner once but can't remember his name.

9Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 am

sidecar paul wrote:Does that mean there will be TWO vehicles on the road in Guyra's rush hour????.......and a dog!

I'll probably take up smoking again from the stress!

10Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:Greetings Smithy welcome to the Knuthaus. you make 2 from Guyra you probably have seen him or at least know his dog in the sidecar.
Thanks for making me feel welcome RicK G, I'm sure theirs more than 2 with the K disease in Guyra.
Smithy

11Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Wed May 22, 2013 7:35 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Saxon7 wrote:Hi mate and welcome!
Not a brown LT is it?
Sean.
I bought a silver RS that had been stored for 13years,and I'm bringing it back to regular service. I do remember speaking to you once before Sean, I was riding my K11se ( Navada Violet ) I haven't seen the brown LT.
Smithy

12Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Wed May 22, 2013 7:40 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
smithy wrote:
RicK G wrote:Greetings Smithy welcome to the Knuthaus. you make 2 from Guyra you probably have seen him or at least know his dog in the sidecar.
Thanks for making me feel welcome RicK G, I'm sure theirs more than 2 with the K disease in Guyra.
Smithy
Supprizingly there are quite a few around. In Stanthorpe there are 8 that I know of and probably a few more stacked in a wood shed.

13Back to top Go down   G'day from Guyra NSW Empty Re: G'day from Guyra NSW Wed May 22, 2013 9:01 pm

andyb

andyb
Silver member
Silver member
Belated welcome Smithy................of the "Guyra Chapter"
cheers

'88 K100 RT
Chassis number: 0097248 ; Vehicle code: 0504; Series: K589
Model: K100RT 84 (0504 (0505) Body Type: K100RT 84 (0504)
Catalog Model: ECE; Engine: (0504); Production: 1988/9
G'day from Guyra NSW 13763011

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum