BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Hi From Melbourne Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:57 am

papajhotel

papajhotel
Hi,

Have just bought an '84 K100RS
Hi From Melbourne 2013-06-01
I also own a K1200R
Hi From Melbourne 2013-06-01
I bought the K100 unregistered from a dealer in Adelaide for $1500. I drove 1560km in 2 days to pick it up!
I plan to strip it down to a cafe racer/street fighter style. If anyone wants the fairings let me know!

2Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:16 am

Hello mate and welcome.
Two nice looking machines!
Just curious, ( as ever), what made a K1200 owner decide a K100 is a good idea? Which it IS of course!
Sean.

3Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:24 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome papaj

giggles ...a good question seanii ..

hope you have fun with the resto

good luck mate !

psst there a few hoodlums doing weird things to k bikes down in your area ....you should all have fun i recon !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:41 am

bolts

bolts
Hi papaj and welcome to K100's

Is the K100 a goer?

I could be interested in fairing bits not req'd.
What condition is the fairing in?
How much do you want for complete front?

1948 AJS 500
All on club plates

5Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty It's a runner Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:25 am

papajhotel

papajhotel
I'm amazed how how good the bike is! It runs beautifully but blows a lot of smoke. Reading the forum it seems it might just need a decent ride to fix this. Ordered valve stem seals before reading forum, DOH!
The fairing is in great condition, R/H indicator lens missing a small section. The previous owner spent $360 on a new screen 6 months ago (have the receipt). Make me an offer Bolts?

6Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Why? Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:27 am

papajhotel

papajhotel
Always wanted to modify a bike as a project.

7Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:53 am

bolts

bolts
papajhotel wrote:.......The fairing is in great condition, R/H indicator lens missing a small section. The previous owner spent $360 on a new screen 6 months ago (have the receipt). Make me an offer Bolts?
I was looking for one that probably wasn't in the greatest condition, that I could purchase for minimum cost and refurbish at my leisure. Sounds like your fairing might be worth a few dollars.

1948 AJS 500
All on club plates

8Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:00 am

papajhotel

papajhotel
bolts wrote:
papajhotel wrote:.......The fairing is in great condition, R/H indicator lens missing a small section. The previous owner spent $360 on a new screen 6 months ago (have the receipt). Make me an offer Bolts?
I was looking for one that probably wasn't in the greatest condition, that I could purchase for minimum cost and refurbish at my leisure. Sounds like your fairing might be worth a few dollars.

$300 too much? But I'm planning on getting roadworthy and club rego before I strip it.

9Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:56 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum papaj Wink

10Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:26 am

bolts

bolts
papajhotel wrote:
bolts wrote:

$300 too much? But I'm planning on getting roadworthy and club rego before I strip it.
Sounds a fair price for one in good nick, but way over my budget.
BTW what bike club are you a member of?
I belong to the Classic Motorcycle Club of Vic.

1948 AJS 500
All on club plates

11Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:01 am

papajhotel

papajhotel
bolts wrote:
papajhotel wrote:
bolts wrote:

Have not joined one yet, naturally thought of the BMW club. The Classic Motorcycle Club is probably a better fit. Will look into it.

12Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:13 am

bolts

bolts

1948 AJS 500
All on club plates

13Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Blog Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:02 am

papajhotel

papajhotel
If anyone is interested, I'm running a blog of my build. Not a lot of action yet, but it should start to really take shape over the next few weeks. All the goodies are arriving!

http://papajhotel.wordpress.com/2013/07/01/the-k100-project/

14Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:05 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you with us and good luck with the build.
Regards,
K-BIKE

15Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
papajhotel wrote:
bolts wrote:
papajhotel wrote:

Have not joined one yet, naturally thought of the BMW club. The Classic Motorcycle Club is probably a better fit. Will look into it.

The VIC BMW club do have a redplate scheme and I know at least one K100RS owner that has red plates on his K. I'm not sure if people are aware but BMW AG also have a classic parts section that is accessible through BMW club membership if you need it.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Hi From Melbourne K-dogs10

16Back to top Go down   Hi From Melbourne Empty Re: Hi From Melbourne Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Ozmaz

Ozmaz
Hi
I have pm'd u but insure if it was sent.
Can I have pictures of your front screen fairings, fairings,side covers and mirrors pls, they maybe in better condition than mine.
Also if you are converting to full cafe racer do you require the seat as mine is totally ruined as all hardware is either gone or collapsed.

Cheers marilyn:-: 
It's damn cold here today, wind chill must be -2.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum