BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Johnser

Johnser
Silver member
Silver member
i bought this project a few weeks ago 22K miles, not used for a few years, cosmetically average for age but hopefully not mechanically worn out.

Have given a full major service with all the tricky spline lubings and repainted the rear of the frame and the stands which were looking pretty tired.

Waiting to sandblast and repaint the exhaust guard after I had to weld a little section in.

Bolted back together and a quick polish and it'll do me for a while...

my '87 K100 service and back on the road tart up. 100_0553_zps7b4c08b2

my '87 K100 service and back on the road tart up. 100_0554_zps73d7346f

my '87 K100 service and back on the road tart up. 100_0555_zps642667fa

my '87 K100 service and back on the road tart up. 100_0556_zps856995c7
(dog is not yet to scale)

Considering how much stuff sits under the front of the rear mudguard (clutch arm e.t.c) I dont know why BMw didnt make the rear mudguard longer... so I made an extension out of a bit of rubber. hopefully it'll help keep that area a bit less wet and crappy.

my '87 K100 service and back on the road tart up. 100_0557_zpsa779d47d
Cant see it very well but it extends full width to the left and is cut with about 5-10mm clearance round the exhaust. RHS is a bit hampered by the swing arm but should be ok.

Also stuck some grease nipples in the centre stand and clutch arm while I had them apart.

Still hunting a "diamond Grey metallic" (186/617) RHS side panel....

cheers!

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Looking very tidy, Johnser.

Thought I spotted the doggy lurking in the second pic, so happy to see him/her in the foreground later.

Enjoy.

Paul.

Johnser

Johnser
Silver member
Silver member
sidecar paul wrote:Looking very tidy, Johnser.

Thought I spotted the doggy lurking in the second pic, so happy to see him/her in the foreground later.

Enjoy.

Paul.

Yea, Jess is a sweet little pup, isn't keen on the bike when running but is more than happy to help/get in the way when its all quiet.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Nice bike and scrubbed up very well.

Is that your house Johnser? Is it 975 years old like all the other houses in Britain?
Is the front load washer also original with the house?

One question I have for the brains trust, why do naked bikes not have the cable protection/ cover at the steering head? Easy answer is they just didn't put them on.
The RT has them and they make that area very tidy.
Part number 7.
my '87 K100 service and back on the road tart up. 910

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Nice pup!
Bike looks ok too...:-)

Sean.

Johnser

Johnser
Silver member
Silver member
Cheers guys,

House is my folks'... yet another barn conversion - hence all the door sized windows that used to be doors for animals and the like. As barns go its not that old, less than 100yrs or there abouts. we were a bit behind with the times down in this corner of the country so probably looks older than it is.

No idea why there isnt the rubber cover there. keeping costs down on the lowest spec bike I expect.

Johnser

Johnser
Silver member
Silver member
MOT'd today all through with no issues.

But I did notice after the test the rear brake MC was slightly wet. Typical - I'd made a decision to not dismantle that as I figured it'd probably be ok. presumably the testers heavy use during the test was enough to cause it to weep.

No worries though, all dismantled, cleaned, lubed, reassembled and bled now with no leaks so off for a test ride.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum