BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty What Swag do you have? Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:57 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Not camped from the back of the bike before.
Need a swag for Far Kairn.
Recommendations?
Preferably with ensute and electric blanket.
Oh, and not just a bed roll. I want some protection.

rosskko

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

2Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:52 pm

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
I'm in the same boat, I was thinking about the cheap ones on fleabay for about $140.00 they come in single or double. A little extra for the double though, unsure if they come with roll up mattress or not. May end up with the double just in case the wife decides to come.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

3Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:54 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I've used swags in the past but find that a small tent and sleeping bag is usually more comfortable. You have space to keep your gear out of the weather etc.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

What Swag do you have? K-dogs10

4Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:58 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
If it's dry you don't need a swag and if it's wet then they are crap. Like AL said get a good tent and a sleeping bag.
I have an Oz Trail swag and to be quite honest it is about as usefull as tits on a frog.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:35 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
halos at nerranderra was quite good ..

seems you have to get used to them ..I guess

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:10 am

I'm a tent and sleeping bag bloke too.
In fact, I now have TWO two man tents after forgetting my poles on the Narrandera trip. Bought a two man job in Goulburn for $49.95 and it's fine. If anyone is desperate I can bring it along to Tottenham as a spare.

Sane.

7Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:40 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Saxon7 wrote:I'm a tent and sleeping bag bloke too.
In fact, I now have TWO two man tents after forgetting my poles on the Narrandera trip. Bought a two man job in Goulburn for $49.95 and it's fine. If anyone is desperate I can bring it along to Tottenham as a spare.

Sane.

You'll just have to go via Narranderra and get the poles.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:45 am

I left them sitting here in the shed......

9Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
these stetchers aren't too bad , not too bulky or heavy
What Swag do you have? Steel_10

especially if you lay a self inflating mat , or a blow up mattress on top. keeps you up off the cold ground.
I can usually get a blow up in one pannier , the sleeping bag and toiletries in the other, and the tent and stretcher across the pillion seat.
the one great advantage of all K bikes is the availability of pannier brackets. the old RT had a foreign set of panniers ,but still came in very handy.
a -1 or less sleeping bag is the best option , unless you are partnered up.
I'm sure if you sweet talk Bella you may find room in the outfit, then again ..........

I think you best just take an axe and practice your bushcraft!
What Swag do you have? 910

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
What Swag do you have? 10_x_110

10Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:57 am

"....I can usually get a blow up in one pannier..."

I see. Bahahaha.

11Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:31 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
(insert -rolling in stitches smiley)What Swag do you have? 4427110

Last edited by groverK on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
What Swag do you have? 10_x_110

12Back to top Go down   What Swag do you have? Empty Re: What Swag do you have? Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:33 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Undoubtedly the best sleeping mats are Exped down mats. I've been using a 9DLX pump for three years and have just bought an 'ultra light 5 down mat' (about the size of a litre bottle when packed), for summer solo camping.

Comfort and warmth have to be experienced to be believed.

Not cheap, but they'll outlast at least 10 cheepo airbeds.

Paul.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum