BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   I had a K bike once Empty I had a K bike once Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:57 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Since I can't reply without an introduction, here's my introduction: 

How to get your clutch arm pivot pin out without resorting to taking the transmission off or destroying any parts.

In response to: https://www.k100-forum.com/t6731-stuck-clutch-arm-pivot-pin

1 - Remove the nasty little circlip on the right end of it.  Watch it go flying somewhere where you'll never find it.

2 - Crank down HARD with some Vice-Grips(misspelling intentional) on the left end of it.    Use those to get it to turn in the bearings of the clutch arm. It will now no longer be seized in the clutch arm bearings.

3 - Use a nail set and a hammer on the right end of it to tap it out the left side.  It still might be a little stubborn but persistence will pay off. (A little penetrating oil won't hurt.)

http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

2Back to top Go down   I had a K bike once Empty Re: I had a K bike once Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:16 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep  that works .....or even drilling a little 1/8th hole just to the side of the bearing in the clutch release arm and pressure spray some wd 40 in there ....then wait overnight

welcome aboard mr duck ^5s

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   I had a K bike once Empty Re: I had a K bike once Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:36 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Duck, what was your offence over on AdvRider this time?

4Back to top Go down   I had a K bike once Empty Re: I had a K bike once Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:43 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
I had a K bike once 44271

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   I had a K bike once Empty Re: I had a K bike once Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Hello Mr Duck.

Nice to see you joining our friendly forum.

I know very well your business selling used parts for the K bikes as I had the opportunity to deal with you a couple of times. The service was A+, and for this reason, as an administrator, I would not just accept, but encourage you to advertise on this forum.
Members will judge on their own, but I don't have any worries that the level of satisfaction will be high.
I also respect your knowledge of the K bike, and your input will be valuable to our members.

Cheers and welcome.

CF

6Back to top Go down   I had a K bike once Empty Re: I had a K bike once Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:34 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Duck,
As a very satisfied user of your LED kits I have urged others on this forum to do the same, good to have you with us and when you have a great bit of technical how to do it like the above don't leave it in the intro, post it in the "How to" section and that will get it found regularly by those of us trying to learn when we go to do a job.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum