BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:19 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
front fender assembly IMG_0757_zpsf60b9fd7
Can someone tell me if there is a pdf or tell me the order of the bolt with washers, plastic tab for the main bolt holding the front fender on my K100 RS?  my Hanes manual is useless.

thanks

2Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
Assuming you have an early K - one piece fender, then look at This...

3Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
Brad-Man wrote:Assuming you have an early K - one piece fender, then look at This...
Thanks brad, its close, could help I will try...bounce

4Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
In Picture in the first post....the part of the plastic tab that holds the nut is missing.

front fender assembly Skjerm11

5Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:25 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
Inge K. wrote:In Picture in the first post....the part of the plastic tab that holds the nut is missing.
ok here is the fender and pieces, yes I have two plastic tabs, tried a dozen different combinations of how to put it together.

front fender assembly IMG_0759_zpsec4b66c5

6Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:32 pm

orforester

orforester
Silver member
Silver member
The two plastic tabs are to secure the brake lines to the reflector bolts.  They have nothing to do with securing the two halves of the fender, I believe.

They attaché to the back side of the reflector bolt, the rear one and secure the brake line so it doesn't get in or scrape the tire, I would assume.  They are also a bear to get all the parts lined up with the brake line and washers, plastic parts.  First time is tough

Bob

7Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
In last Picture it's the two piece fender used on the 16V model, I think you got a older model or?

8Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:35 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
orforester wrote:The two plastic tabs are to secure the brake lines to the reflector bolts.  They have nothing to do with securing the two halves of the fender, I believe.

They attaché to the back side of the reflector bolt, the rear one and secure the brake line so it doesn't get in or scrape the tire, I would assume.  They are also a bear to get all the parts lined up with the brake line and washers, plastic parts.  First time is tough

Bob
Life saver bob...when disassembling pieces just dropped to the floor and I didn't get to see where they were, thank you very very much...

edit, the two thick washers do not seem to work either...bolt won't reach with them.

Last edited by martyman on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:38 pm

orforester

orforester
Silver member
Silver member
No Prob, has happened to me also!

10Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:06 pm

It does help to put your model and year into your signature. I would have known that it was a 16v model and could have taken some photos of mine, but I had no idea!

11Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
bikerboy wrote:It does help to put your model and year into your signature. I would have known that it was a 16v model and could have taken some photos of mine, but I had no idea!
To be honest Im guessing mine is a 8 valve?  have not opened my valve cover yet.

Finally found it thanks to that PDF file...fantastic

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/Diagrams/B0001051.png?v=04302013

12Back to top Go down   front fender assembly Empty Re: front fender assembly Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Is your bike a K75 Marty. That looks like a K75 type guard and not the K100 16v two piece.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum