the part numbers are always up to date
nice is the possibility to issue personal part lists

BMW ETK

strange - link probs to the engl version

go to "Einstellungen" left and than chose the language

K- Wiki - or rtfm first

Regards from Hamburg

Olaf

2Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Thanks, found it.
Here, I'm in the Netherlands, the site start in Dutch.
Good for me  Cool 

I'm gonna steal it to the Facebook BMW K75 K100 OWNERS / LOVERS

3Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:17 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
came up in English for me straight away ....

thanks for the link

a great find

I wouldn't be publishing this link to facebook wheel digger

sometimes its just better to keep this information in a place where it will be respected and with folks that have a real interest in the fellowship of our members here

just a thought

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I recall Olaf saying when he got permission from BMW for the books that any of the info was for forum members only.
So we should respect that unless they say otherwise.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 am

zonenfeile

zonenfeile
Gold member
Gold member
g`morning

i did not get the link from our conection to Munich
there is no limitation
it is an official bmw web site for everyone

It is amazing again how BMW is supporting the owners
i don`t know any other maker that acts that way

K- Wiki - or rtfm first

Regards from Hamburg

Olaf

6Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:17 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
thanks olaf  BMW Web ETK 112350

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:05 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
zonenfeile wrote:
It is amazing again how BMW is supporting the owners
i don`t know any other maker that acts that way

Now we just need them to offer the sort of discount on parts that they allow on their older four-wheeled products.

8Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 am

Arlina

Arlina
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing"  Wink 

I checked the site first, and as Olaf said, there are no limitations.
Besides, the Facebook K100 owners/lovers group, guess what they ride?
Every K-rider is 1, if we can help eachother that's great.
When I bought my first K100RT, I had a radiator leak.
Easy to fix, but electrical problems could break my head.
My luck I found a guy who has lots of K's, and knows his way around, but not everyone is that lucky.

9Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:24 pm

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
That link doesn't work for me in Firefox or Chrome...

10Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Strange, works for me with Firefox. (26.0)
I don't use IE or Chrome.

Edit;
Tried with Netscape Navigator and Safari, got error.
Went back to FF, now error too  Rolling Eyes
Tried with IE and Opera, error.

11Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
We use this from BMWNA's official site whenever we have internal errors with the ETK on our server at work. That link is the 'freshest' there is regarding ETK as it's the latest information available from BMW. But as such, when a catalogue change is made, a part number deleted or superceded, or a production change made to a piece or a kit, the old information disappears from ETK. Thankfully, our bikes are fairly static given their age and the number of modern model changes lately, but it does happen.

I suggest screen printing pages pertinent to your bike/model or area of interest. Once an old part number goes there's no easy way to find its supercession chain other than by a dealer parts person searching for it. Older, desired parts or parts kits can often be located in a dealer's stock but if all you have is the newest part number from the latest catalogue the older part might just sit there, unknown and unwanted.

As for it being a secret source, it's published info anyone can search for.
Some might not be able to open it successfully if using the latest Internet Exploder 11, I think. Firefox restrains it a bit too. Check your compatibility view settings and allow pop-ups for the appropriate pages.

Or just keep using the far simpler version at www.realoem.com/bmw

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

12Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Thu May 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Stamford

Stamford
Hi all,
I am having no luck. Just keep getting an "unable to connect" message. The URL as shown looks odd.

13Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Thu May 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It never has worked for me I just use Real OEM as TWB linked to.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

14Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Thu May 15, 2014 10:39 pm

Stamford

Stamford
Thanks, Rick. I will do the same.

15Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Fri May 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Tony Kirov

Tony Kirov

BMW Web ETK 2854237993 BMW K100RS 4-VALVE (89V1) VIN#0205126 08/1991 ECE BMW Web ETK 2854237993

16Back to top Go down   BMW Web ETK Empty Re: BMW Web ETK Fri May 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Stamford

Stamford
Bookmarked.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum