BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Finally got my bike & side car. Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:23 pm

carlmclelland

carlmclelland
After an 1100 mile round trip to Inverurie Scotland to collect side car then down to Worcester for the bike then back to Durham I've finally got both parts of the puzzle.
Bike is a 1990 BMW K100 RS 16v with 43k on her & every mot & service from start to present + loads of receipts etc.
Car is a Watsonian Squire ST3 with screen, both hoods and paper work inc history.
One of the main reasons for such a long trip to get these was the fact that they had full history etc & anything near me was none existent. The pics are the ones from the previous owners. I was about to take some after unloading but the heavens opened so as soon as I get a chance I will put better ones on. Just waiting now to study fixing points/subframe then it's attach, toe in & mot. Thanks to sidecar paul for the sketches he sent me, much appreciated. 
By the way it says 4 valve on engine but 16 valve on spec page of BMW, am I correct in saying that it's 4 valves per cylinder which becomes 16 valve? 
Finally got my bike & side car. B_2511
Finally got my bike & side car. B_210

2Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:44 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, 4x4=16

Good to see another sidecar Smile

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Finally got my bike & side car. K-dogs10

3Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Well done that man.
Post piccies when you start getting it together.
Sean.

4Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:58 am

carlmclelland

carlmclelland
Thanks lads, I will post pics as soon as I get started on her. I thought that the 2 & 4 valve are the same as the 8 & 16 valve but just wanted to check so thanks for that Al-58.

5Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:01 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good onya carl
should keep idle hands busy for a while

enjoy !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:06 am

carlmclelland

carlmclelland
Cheers Charlie, weather's good this morning so I'll be looking over her later but my home team (Wigan Rugby League) are playing Sydney Roosters live this morning in the world cup challenge so I'm going to enjoy that first mate before rolling my sleeves up.

7Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:11 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sweet  !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

8Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:27 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
carlmclelland wrote:Cheers Charlie, weather's good this morning so I'll be looking over her later but my home team (Wigan Rugby League) are playing Sydney Roosters live this morning in the world cup challenge so I'm going to enjoy that first mate before rolling my sleeves up.

Should make a good outfit.

Just read a tweet from local council.
Heading to @AllianzStadium for @sydneyroosters/@WiganWarriorsRL #WCC? Special event buses run from Central from 6pm. http://ow.ly/tSlZ0

Can almost hear it from my house. Will let you know how much the rooster win by. affraid 

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

9Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 am

carlmclelland

carlmclelland
Haha, ok mate.

10Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:14 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Nice bike and tidy chair Carl, looking forward to seeing it all come together.  Finally got my bike & side car. 112350 

Only other minor detail.........you'll need to have your brain surgically removed
 to become a true sidecarist!   Twisted Evil  :geek:  Finally got my bike & side car. 8157 

Paul.

11Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:26 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
sidecar paul wrote:Nice bike and tidy chair Carl, looking forward to seeing it all come together.  Finally got my bike & side car. 112350 

Only other minor detail.........you'll need to have your brain surgically removed
 to become a true sidecarist!   Twisted Evil  :geek:  Finally got my bike & side car. 8157 

Paul.

It certainly helps.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Finally got my bike & side car. K-dogs10

12Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:07 pm

carlmclelland

carlmclelland
Hahaha, cheers Paul. As for the brain removal I think I'll use up the last remaining cells getting it all to come together.

13Back to top Go down   Finally got my bike & side car. Empty Re: Finally got my bike & side car. Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
sidecar paul wrote:Only other minor detail.........you'll need to have your brain surgically removed

Paul.
that's why I excel at riding a sidecar  Very Happy 
I always wondered why people say "it's a no-brainer"

Now, I know.

Thanks Paul

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum