BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:49 am

emmanuelfiadjoe

emmanuelfiadjoe
Silver member
Silver member
i had to replace a burst fuel pipe and needed to take off the tank. on refitting, i'm confused which of the small two close hoses is the vent & the overflow

2Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:54 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
The rearmost is water drain (from around outside of filler cap).
The frontmost is the vent (from a pocket inside the top of the tank).

3Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:01 am

emmanuelfiadjoe

emmanuelfiadjoe
Silver member
Silver member
thanks man, but my problem is which of the two hoses should connect to the vent stub, or can i connect any of the two hoses to either overflow or vent?

4Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm

emmanuelfiadjoe

emmanuelfiadjoe
Silver member
Silver member
can any of the two small hoses under the right side of the tank connect to any of the stubs u'v described above?

5Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:31 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
I've never seen a hose attached to either.

There should be a small rectangular "cup" that hooks over the frame tube and drains via a tube down behind the right footrest plate. The two fuel tank fixed tubes simply sit in the "cup".

fuel tank vent & overflow hoses BMW%20K75S%20%28371a%29-XL

6Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The real early models had a rubber tube attached to both the outlets but I don't know if there is any difference to the hoses.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:28 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:The real early models had a rubber tube attached to both the outlets but I don't know if there is any difference to the hoses.
Ah. I've always steered well clear of the early "Beta" versions.  fuel tank vent & overflow hoses 652573 

8Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I usually steer well clear of the first of a model too. Laughing

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

9Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:14 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
didn't the early ones have a breather tube from the gearbox or some such thing as well ....
but basically both should lay along the swing arm as an exit ?
I don't think the cup happened till the 85-86 changeover  ?  (still stinks of fuel vapour from under there on really hot days )

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:26 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:The real early models had a rubber tube attached to both the outlets but I don't know if there is any difference to the hoses.

Must vary by country.  My 90 K75RT had hoses attached to both.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

11Back to top Go down   fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Empty Re: fuel tank vent & overflow hoses Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Being that they are vents from a fuel tank that is likely.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum