BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Gid'day from 'Strayl-yah! Empty Gid'day from 'Strayl-yah! Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 am

I live and work in Australia in the far end of the northern rivers of New South Wales. I spent many years overseas in the UK and in the US as well. I'm an Aussie and a long-time BMW rider and enthusiast who first threw a leg over a 1970 R60/5 Boxer in 1976. I was a mere teenager with nary a whisker on me chin. Since then I've owned a stack of new and old bikes of various brands and performance levels, but have always come back to BMW as my mainstay. I know them and like them. They do what I ask them to do, and sometimes more. I've ridden in parts of Europe, the UK, all of North & Central America and most of Down Under too. I've been lucky enough to be able to work for several years in a coupla highly regarded BMW motorbike dealerships in America in spare parts and with my love of mechanical work in general I do most of my own repairs. I try to have a good supply of replacement parts on hand in my garage and a toolbox that's chockers with spanners. There are three BMWs in my garage at the mo' two of which are running and rideable, the oldest one, a '77 R100 is under long term re-construction.
I've decided to join this forum because it seems a pleasant place to while away a few minutes of computer time of an evening looking at other's bikes and absorbing other's knowledge about the Marque, our collective favourite, BMW.
Thanks for letting me rabbit on.
~Darren
aka, Two Wheels Better

2Back to top Go down   Gid'day from 'Strayl-yah! Empty Re: Gid'day from 'Strayl-yah! Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:07 am

green cat

green cat
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome on board!!!! Gid'day from 'Strayl-yah! Icon_cheers

3Back to top Go down   Gid'day from 'Strayl-yah! Empty Re: Gid'day from 'Strayl-yah! Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:13 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Darren aka Two Wheels Better,
It is great to have you on board, this is a very friendly place with lots of good people hanging out who are all keen to learn and share experience and it sounds like you have lot's of knowledge which will benefit all. I said in another post that on this forum is distributed all the knowledge to solve just about every problem that can befall a K (just not all in one person) it is the collective consciousness.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum