BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Norbrat

Norbrat
I've been riding bikes for decades and wanted a K100RS ever since they were first announced, and I finally got an '84 back in '99, my first "big" bike after selling my R90S back in '84.  Yeah, yeah, I know, who in their right mind would sell an R90S??   Rolling Eyes 

Anyway, ended up with a couple of ex-police K bikes as well, but now only have a K75RT as my old back can't cope with the slight forward lean of the RS and the 75 is just such a smooth engine.

We are moving to Airlie Beach in Qld at the end of the month, so hope to be able to use the bike a lot more in the kinder weather.

Cheers.

2Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:42 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
Gday mate,  welcome to the forum .

http://www.airware.com.au

3Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Norbrat wrote: Yeah, yeah, I know, who in their right mind would sell an R90S??   Rolling Eyes 
Shame on you.....
We allready have to much Aussies in here.......................
but it's always room for another one, Welcome to the madhouse  👽   :geek: .

4Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Norbrat. Gees moving from the dark side of the Moon to Paradise. There are heaps of good rides in them thar hills to the west of Arlie beach.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Welcome Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Norbrat.

it's about time we had some more Queenslanders on the list.
You can ride in "winter" up here.
But 40 degree days in summer make for burnt thighs.

cheers,

Andrew

6Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Norbrat, welcome to the forum, could this be your RT

Hi all from chilly Adelaide 2011-110

Spotted at bunnings in 2011 and last week turning onto Sherriffs road?

7Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:37 am

Norbrat

Norbrat
Hi Ghost

No, we are near Port Adelaide and mine is still pretty well in Police livery.

I don't mind that actually as it is amazing how many drivers actually SEE you when you ride an ex-police bike.  It's also great fun to beep the horn when you see them on their mobile phones; they sure drop them in a hurry!!   Very Happy 

That bike above sure has a nice low seat, not that I need that being about 6ft.

Cheers

8Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:03 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum....poor bugger you will have to put up with that weather and worst than that   Queenslanders!

9Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:35 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome norbrat

when you get up here ...and experience a warm summer (kweensland style )  you might not like the warmth coming from down under

but there are solutions ...do not give up hope

ride well and enjoy 
cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Another member has just signed up in Adelaide so you'll have some good company down there cold or warm. Enjoy the Forum.

Hi all from chilly Adelaide 177912

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

11Back to top Go down   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Empty Re: Hi all from chilly Adelaide Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Norbrat from another new member.
I'm in Northern Rivers NSW and everyday when we get up we say... "ahhh. Another day in paradise".
Very rarely a day when its not nice to ride and thank God for that because my RT is my transport.
Now it's winter and I'm still riding with just t-shirt or short sleeves under my leather jacket. If I go out at night I might wear a neck sock.

Inge K wrote:We allready have to much Aussies in here.......................
but it's always room for another one, Welcome to the madhouse  Hi all from chilly Adelaide Alien   Hi all from chilly Adelaide Icon_geek .
Were a special breed down-under who have to have special tyres with extra grip... so we don't fall off the map.  affraid 

Cheers

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Hi all from chilly Adelaide Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum