BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Swingarm bearing K100 rs Empty Swingarm bearing K100 rs Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Flip2

Flip2
Silver member
Silver member
On my first attempt at removing one of the bearings from the swing arm, (without penetrating oil, heat/cold treatment), the inner parts came out by themselves leaving the outer ring in the swing arm. i believe i will use a proper slide hammer if i ever have to do that again.  

anyway, after getting the stuck part out of the swing arm and inspecting everything i realized that the little plastic bearing holder cracked in three places. 

however i was able to get everything back together with new grease and it seems to be smooth rolling.  so would it be okay to use this bearing even though that retainer is cracked?

2Back to top Go down   Swingarm bearing K100 rs Empty Re: Swingarm bearing K100 rs Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have put them back together a few times like that and never had problems.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Swingarm bearing K100 rs Empty Re: Swingarm bearing K100 rs Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 am

Flip2

Flip2
Silver member
Silver member
thanks Rick, thats sounds great to me. the bearing still felt fine after it was put back into the swingarm so i will use the old one.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum