BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   brakes are noisy and a little spongy Empty brakes are noisy and a little spongy Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:01 am

emmanuelfiadjoe

emmanuelfiadjoe
Silver member
Silver member
when I apply my brakes, they sometimes make squeaky sounds. they also sometimes makes this sound when I'm taking a curve, or even when I'm riding without even engaging the brakes.

a week ago, I opened the back fluid reservoir and found lots of dirt in the fluid.

the pads are not worn out

Region: Europe
VIN: 0018945

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
fairly common occurrence

if in a dusty atmosphere brake fluid absorbs water and dust ....the fluid should be changed regularly (yearly ?)  in any case ....as the piston works in the master cylinders there can be some rubber dissolving into the fluid discolouring it ...as the rubber ages and wears from the dust contamination

sintered pads seem to make the most noise from my experience ....the organic pads mat not work as aggressively as the sintered but less noise and wear of the disk overall ...

squeaks around corners  could mean that the wheel bearings are  starting to wear out ....or the forks out of alignment vertically ...which could be fork oil needs replacing ? (getting some twisting effect on the main axle - forks .) or disks warped slightly

just some ideas to explore ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   brakes are noisy and a little spongy Empty thanks charlie99 Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:27 pm

emmanuelfiadjoe

emmanuelfiadjoe
Silver member
Silver member
I actually pass through a road construction daily. 

I will make time to check the areas you have pointed out, I just pray its nothing serious.

Region: Europe
VIN: 0018945

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum