BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Brake pads Empty Brake pads Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Fitted a set of front brake pads that I purchased from Moto-bins this week. They are manufactured by a company called 'ICER'. I believe that they are made in Spain.
My reason for buying them was the price. I'm on a 'career break' at the moment and I need to look at ways to keep my K on the road as cheaply as possible. Moto-bins are selling them with the 2nd pair half price. Two sets of front pads for only £17.33(GBP)!
So, are they any good? Well, I did 200 miles today wet & dry, using them and lived to tell the tale.
They fit ok. The braking was firm and progressive with no signs of fade and no squealing.
Too early to say how long they will last but, so far, I would recommend them.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

2Back to top Go down   Brake pads Empty Re: Brake pads Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:49 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Sorry to hear about your career break, good luck on finding something, I know a good friend who was in a similar situation and he found the best advice was ask everyone you know "do you have a job for me or do you know anyone who has?"
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Brake pads Empty Re: Brake pads Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:30 pm

I am using the Icer brake pads from Motobins only on the rear (just for now) of my Brick. I like them, they have good feel and work well wet or dry, as well as not 'dusting' the brake disc and wheel too much. I did buy the front sets as well, and will fit those when the current Kevlar EBC pads wear out. Good value for money, I reckon.

4Back to top Go down   Brake pads Empty Re: Brake pads Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks K-BIKE. Not all bad news. I'm retraining as a driving instructor and have a bit of a pension starting next January along with a lump sum.
20-25 hours a week will do me!
Just to decide whether to spend some of my lump sum on a modern bike or tart up the K. Wash your mouth out!

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

5Back to top Go down   Brake pads Empty Re: Brake pads Sat May 01, 2010 12:57 am

walker

Silver member
Silver member
Have you done the fronts? Pins?

6Back to top Go down   Brake pads Empty Re: Brake pads Sat May 01, 2010 1:02 am

walker

Silver member
Silver member
Sorry if this is a "hi jack"... I have found no holdable section.. alen, phillips,hex,slot, etc. on my fronts????????????????????
Punch?

walker

7Back to top Go down   Brake pads Empty Re: Brake pads Sat May 01, 2010 1:02 am

walker

Silver member
Silver member
91 K100RS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum