BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Tank insulation Empty Tank insulation Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:36 am

DaleRT

DaleRT
Silver member
Silver member
Hi, Taken the tank of the '86 RS to find a large part of the insulation not stuck to the tank. The glued surface that should be stuck to the tank has dust & dirt embedded in it. Removed all the insulation, so what could i use to clean/glue it back ?
   Cheers   Dale

2Back to top Go down   Tank insulation Empty Re: Tank insulation Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I replaced all the insulation on the K1100 when I repainted. I think this is the stuff I used but not 100% sure, make sure it is fuel proof before getting it http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OZ-Car-Sound-Deadener-Noise-Control-Heat-Insulation-Aluminum-Foil-Shield-1Mx0-6M-/121703689567?hash=item1c561aed5f

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Tank insulation Empty Re: Tank insulation Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:57 am

DaleRT

DaleRT
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks, was'nt sure what could be done or to do. Dale

4Back to top Go down   Tank insulation Empty Re: Tank insulation Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:41 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
One thing to be sure of is to cover the bottom of the tank well, the factory uses a precut piece that leaves large gaps for the heat to get at the tank.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Tank insulation Empty Re: Tank insulation Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:42 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
And it doesn't necessarily have to be stuck to the bottom of the tank.

Tank insulation K11rs.blanket

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

6Back to top Go down   Tank insulation Empty Re: Tank insulation Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:27 am

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
Ive got the bottom of mine covered with Dynamat - which is expensive - and im unsure weather its actually doing anything??!

My tank becomes almost to hot to touch within about 15-20mins of riding.

I really must fit a fuel cooler. I have a billet alloy oil cooler for another project that Ill chuck on and see how it goes

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum