BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Helmet speakers etc Empty Helmet speakers etc Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:47 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Hi
I dont intend carrying any passengers but im looking for a system to hook my phone and satnav up to the helmet so i can listen to them while riding, will use radio on phone for music etc.

Can someone recommend a simple and not too expensive system? the autocom range look good but are they overkill just to listen to a gps or phone?

2Back to top Go down   Helmet speakers etc Empty Re: Helmet speakers etc Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I have speakers from a 2 way radio system mounted in my helmet and the quality of sound is excellent.
It's powerful enough at high speed, and I can hear the noise of the environment compared to wearing ear buds.
These one are not the same, but try this link..
I even have a small Ipod shuffle attached to my helmet with velcro and the speakers jack hook directly on it.
When I am using my Garmin, I just have an extension to plug on it. See one of my first post on this forum

3Back to top Go down   Helmet speakers etc Empty Re: Helmet speakers etc Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:49 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
For those cursed with noisy helmets the Etymotic ear speakers act as excellent ear plugs as well as speakers. I do go along with Crazy Frog in saying on the whole I don't like things poked into my ears. When I fly I use Bose Quiet Comfort 15's and they are really excellent in blocking aircraft noise. Would be interesting if someone introduced a similar idea for bikes.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Helmet speakers etc Empty Re: Helmet speakers etc Sun May 02, 2010 7:39 am

Alex_GER

Alex_GER
Silver member
Silver member
The problem with the in-ear speakers is that they're designed to hinder any 'noise' outside reaching your ear. Unfortunately (and in contrast to regular ear plugs made for work places!!), they do not distinguish between unwanted noise (like wind) and a honking horn. I think it is rather dangerous to use those.

I have a Nolan helmet with an integrated system, which I connect to my Mp3-Player, Nav, and wife at the same time. Works perfectly for me...

http://www.students.uni-mainz.de/alotz/portfolio/

5Back to top Go down   Helmet speakers etc Empty Re: Helmet speakers etc Sun May 02, 2010 10:12 am

I whack my iPod into the left pocket of my jacket, a single wires runs up the back of the helmet where it meets with two slim stereo speakers - I forget the brand. I can't hear the drummer make the cymbals crash brightly nor pick out the highest notes of a sweet, female voice, but the rest of the music is clear and never intrusive. Yet, I can still hear the exhaust note and tyre rumble of a vehicle in the next lane. Telephone or walky-talky? I don't want to have a convo with anyone else but myself (or Holy Jesus when I frighten myself) while riding.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum