BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NZ1

NZ1
Greetings to all. I have a 1992 16v K100rs, an ex-Japan import obtained with 37000kms and currently now at 49000kms. My first "BM". Since purchase I have:- Replaced the rear shock with an after market unit, Fully serviced the forks, Lubed the clutch and drive-shaft splines, Had the seat foam replaced, Carried out any required servicing as it falls due. Prior to purchase I researched as much as I could via the "net" and have found, (to date), things have matched what I read. It is a good looking bike and even at 16yrs old is not dated and still "turns heads". The engine seems bullet proof. The seat, (low style), leaves a lot to be desired, (even after a denser foam was added), for long trips range, (esp. two up). I do have an issue re tyres for which I will seek guidance. I hope to get a good, long, satisfying ownership and see it as a "keeper". I have to say that I have found what I perceive as a high & heavy C of G has made me keep my mind on the job when clipping along on non-motorway roads. Having had a ride on an early 3 cylinder model I think I would prefer one for shorter, solo and across city trips and use the 16v one for longer, (and any two up), trips. But one must cut ones cloth to suit ones coin.
And me??? Well, mid 50's, Aircraft Engineer, Been motorcycling off and on since I was 12, First motorcycle = 1962 NSU Quickly moped, (it was not): Worst motorcycle = 1973 Triumph 500 Daytona, (why did they bother? My 1953 Thunderbird was better), Best all round motorcycle = 1972 Ural, (often rubbished but once altered for western conditions that thing went anywhere and always got me home. & a great tool kit). Most fun bike = 1911 AKD, (Every mile a fun filled adventure & test of ones skills).
And with that may I wish you all many years of happy, fun, safe riding.

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi NZ1 and welcome.
You should find this a friendly and informative forum and quite laid back.
Interestingly you will find a fellow countryman on here with a not dissimilar bike to yours so maybe a KIWI thing?
Have to concur with you regarding the seat my R100 looked a lot worse and was vastly better.
As for the bike in general the weight takes a little getting used to but not too bad and rock solid once at highway speeds which is where they belong. Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_smile

Regards,

Phil

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi NZ1,
Good to have you on board about time we had some more Kiwis around here.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Welcome NZ1!

We've got plenty of Kiwis round here, K-BIKE. My boss, my neighbour, my other neighbours. It's a non-stop party. Go the All Blacks!
Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_clown

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Two Wheels Better wrote: .... Go the All Blacks!
Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_clown

Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_evil Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_tongue Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_tongue Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_tongue Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_tongue Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_tongue

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
This was a peaceful motorcycle forum and now the fight will start.Laughing Laughing

They are not black but blue. Watch them!
They will seized your transmissions, chew your splines and oil your clutches. they will also poor silicone into your engine (you will need a good flush to clean the slippery sprag clutch) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil. I will apply to be their technical advisor affraid

Oh I forgot Welcome aboard NZ1.

Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. WbSPORTLIFEchabal_wideweb__470x310,0

Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Frog15Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

It's been said that when a Kiwi travels away from NZ to live in OZ he raises the IQ of both countries. Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_wink

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
That was one of the late Piggy Muldoon's (ex NZ PM) comments.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
I lived in South Bondi for a number of years and I can confirm Piggy Muldoon's comments Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_smileSalutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_smile

For the benefit of our northern hemisphere members... we the south hemisphere dwellers have been humiliated once ... this time we will crush you and the final 3 in the worked cup will have nothing to do with the north. Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_smile Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Icon_smile

Yes, welcome NZ1

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Razz Razz
Good on you!
The best will be the winner! This is sport.
Rugby is a sport of heavy contact but players are always gentlemen. Yes the All Blacks could be intimidating during their warm up, but it stops there.
Nothing to do with Canadian (or US) Hockey where it's difficult to see a game without having players beating the crap of each others.
Well, now I have North and South hemisphere against me. Embarassed
I am looking for a safe heaven. Were can I go? Nunavut or Terra del Fuego are my only options. I guess it's cold there and won't have the opportunity to ride my bike. Sad

NZ1, do you realized the type of forum where you just registered? affraid Don't worry, we are all friends and we are just picking at each others. Our main focus is still the K Bike.

Cheers
Bert

Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Frog15Salutations from Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand. Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

NZ1

NZ1
Gentlemen,
The band has struck. Let the dance begin.

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
my last word on this, I promise Smile

this video will educate some and amuse others, but it sums up the friendly rivalry well Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4jeTeVnrs

and if you are inspired and curios about what the game is about try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJAjoCx6Euw&NR=1

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let this be the last word on football (rugby, soccer et al).

I would rather scoop out my eyeballs with a dirty teaspoon and shove rusty forks in my ears than watch football.

Just my opinion...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
OK, I am using my admin power to lock this post but you have to understand that it was friendly rivalry. Nothing mean, just picking at each others!
Back to K bikes now!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum