BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

robdiaz44

I have heard that you can replace the 4 pin connector with a trailer connector. Not sure if this can be done on the old (pre 05/85) under the fuel tank connector. I've been scouring the forum to find out, but can't seem find anything. Looking for some input here...thanks in advance.

Here are pictures of: 1) the old female connector that I have since replaced with the "spare" connector that was in the relay box...the 2 "fried" connectors are the pos and neg to the fuel pump; and 2) the male part of the connector...my concern is that the 2 darker connectors (pos and neg connections to the fuel pump) are not becoming glitchy and compromising the necessary electrical connection/power to the fuel pump.

Again...wondering if I can replace the whole thing with a trailer connector.?.?

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I have heard the 4 pin connector for the mic on a CB radio will do the job or there is an unused connector in the relay box that can be used. I think it's for the alarm or such but usually not used. I have some here on old harnesses but it's a long way to send it.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
A bit of cloth wrapped around a small screwdriver and coated with Autosol or similar should clean those. It'll take a bit of patience though because you'll need to rotate the screwdriver around the outside of the pin. If that fails, reach for some 1000-grade wet'n'dry.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

bushyintas

Silver member
Silver member
Same as Rick, I used the metal plug of an old CB radio Microphone, still ok today and the threaded collar on the plug screws onto the fitting on the tank.

regards Bushy.

k100 RT 1988 #0095723
K100 RT 1984 into Custom Single seat. #0024503

robdiaz44

@Dai wrote:A bit of cloth wrapped around a small screwdriver and coated with Autosol or similar should clean those. It'll take a bit of patience though because you'll need to rotate the screwdriver around the outside of the pin. If that fails, reach for some 1000-grade wet'n'dry.
Thanks y'all...Dai, I'll sure get some Autosol and see if that'll do the trick.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"A bit of cloth wrapped around a small screwdriver and coated with Autosol or similar should clean those. It'll take a bit of patience though because you'll need to rotate the screwdriver around the outside of the pin. If that fails, reach for some 1000-grade wet'n'dry."

...or DeoxIT.

There.

I said it.

Shut up you lot.

Remember Rule No. 6

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
What a clever guy.....first prize in this spelling contest.......is a pair of new shoes.

RicK G

VIP
VIP

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

brickrider2

Platinum member
Platinum member
Very nice work, Inge! You have skills (and patience) I can only dream of. cheers

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
When do I get the shoes?

Yes Inge, you will be free to borrow them any time you want... Evil or Very Mad

Remember Rule No. 6

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
@blaKey wrote:Yes Inge, you will be free to borrow them any time you want... Evil or Very Mad

Thanks, but I have my own pair.........

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum