BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   engine hard start Empty engine hard start Wed May 26, 2010 12:31 pm

cjboy

when engine starts it has to at hot weather and when it starts it is only at a idle. If i give it gas or chock it the engine stops. only after it warms up one can rev it faster and then runs great. when it don't start the plugs are wet after only trying for a short time. when trying to start it sputters then finally will run good. I have changed the EFI unit and checked the fuel pressure and is about 30psi Need help Thanks Cliff

2Back to top Go down   engine hard start Empty Re: engine hard start Wed May 26, 2010 3:07 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Cliff,
Follow the step by step process set out by Bert in the download section methodically and you are sure to arrive at an answer.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   engine hard start Empty Re: engine hard start Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Have you checked the throttle position switch?
What if the switch #2 is stocked?
I will tell the EFI computer that the engine is on full load and the mixture air/fuel will be enriched.
Best is to unplug the switch and try to start without it.
Somebody on this forum has previously found this switch full of water.

engine hard start Butterfly%20switch

4Back to top Go down   engine hard start Empty Re: engine hard start Wed May 26, 2010 10:02 pm

cjboy

K-BIKE wrote:Hi Cliff,
Follow the step by step process set out by Bert in the download section methodically and you are sure to arrive at an answer.
Regards,
K-BIKE
where do I find bert's download
Cliff

5Back to top Go down   engine hard start Empty Re: engine hard start Thu May 27, 2010 1:46 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
cjboy wrote:where do I find bert's download Cliff

Cliff,

First you have to login on this forum.
When you click on the "home" menu and then scroll down you will see the Download section.
The first post in this section is a link to the download page.

Access to the download page and right to post or reply are privileges of registered members. This is why a direct link is not advertised on this forum.

Bert

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum