BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bmwpyro

bmwpyro
Hello!

Newbie Rider here. (actually not even a rider yet. just enrolled in riding class)
i just recently acquired a 12 yr non op 1985 K100RS and am looking for information to slowly resurrect her if i can.
I'll be lurking a lot since i have many other projects. but right now i'm in research and info seek mode for the bike.

CK

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
hello, newbie rider with project bike in socal 177912 You're sure to find most of the information you need in here.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

bmwpyro

bmwpyro
Dai wrote:hello, newbie rider with project bike in socal 177912 You're sure to find most of the information you need in here.

Thanks Dai!

sorry for the hiatus. i didnt realized you responded even tho i came on the forum many times to lurk.
im so embarrassed tho, it took me 6 months to figure out where to look for the latest posts. Embarassed " new posts" on the top!

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Azusa, huh? Right at start of Angeles Crest.  Get that puppy running and start riding!

WelKome.

When's the last time it was registered in CA?  You might want to check on that before you sink a lot of time or money into it.  CA charges back registration if it hasn't been registered for a while and it can be very expensive to register a bike that hasn't been registered in a few years.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

5Back to top Go down   hello, newbie rider with project bike in socal Empty K75/k100. Speedo delete boards Sun May 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Jwilcoxk75

Jwilcoxk75
Looking to change out my cluster to a single Speedo gauge. Need a neutral bypass board to make it all work and have seen them in post ,just can't find where to buy. Anyone have the answer? Thanks for any info.

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Jwilcoxk75 wrote:Looking to change out my cluster to a single Speedo gauge. Need a neutral bypass board to make it all work and have seen them in post ,just can't find where to buy. Anyone have the answer?  Thanks for any info.
http://www.kbikeparts.com/classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/gpiemulate/gpiemulate.htm

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

bmwpyro

bmwpyro
duck wrote:Azusa, huh? Right at start of Angeles Crest.  Get that puppy running and start riding!

WelKome.

When's the last time it was registered in CA?  You might want to check on that before you sink a lot of time or money into it.  CA charges back registration if it hasn't been registered for a while and it can be very expensive to register a bike that hasn't been registered in a few years.
Hi Duck!

Yes, my relatives mentioned there is a bmw demo meetup this June but im not sure if im up to the twisties yet. really new.
i've been in that area for hiking and camping many times tho with the scouts so i know it well.

K75S was registered wierd (historical bike) which AAA had to fix but otherwise no problem.

I got the unit from a fellow Kbiker and he did warn me of its issues.
Took the last 6 months to slowly fix the most glaring ones and i believe today she is ready to ride!
Those involved Fuel pump/filter/line replacements, Tank Cleaning and brazing which took the longest and now fluid changes. had to replace the fan and alternator. repair fairing looseness, changed out to new anti-scratch rubber/weatherstrip (fleabay) between the tank and fairing. cost wise not too bad. learning of new skills was priceless.

There are still other issues but i think i can live with those for now and fix them as they come.
Thanks to you and Dai and Everyone for your help and all those info you put out there!

Jwilcoxk75

Jwilcoxk75
Thank you very much..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum