BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Fuel in oil - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuel in oil Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Jonas Bodin

Motorbike Mike wrote:I seem to remember pointing toward the injectors on #4, #18 & #21.  Very Happy
So you did  Very Happy

The weird thing is that they didn't leak one drip of fuel when I had them out... I would have expected to see them leaking a LOT! But I will try it once again:M:

52Back to top Go down   Fuel in oil - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuel in oil Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Peterk100rs

Peterk100rs
So I'm new to k bikes so this problem is fresh for me . All I can say is get your injectors cleaned properly . Run some petrol cleaner through a few tanks of fuel and make sure there's no water getting in . 
I had a weeks of problems similar to this and one of the issues was a injector working but not closing properly hence flooding the cyclinder. After taking them out and cleaning them and changing the o rings . I tested them under pressure and could see now they all looked like a similar spray pattern where as before one looked more powerful than the rest . 
Anyway I would put my money on injectors . Mine is running sweet now after a few bottles of petrol cleaner and a few hundred miles . 

Oh and just to mention I also had water in the fuel which got I through a leaking petrol cap on tank .

53Back to top Go down   Fuel in oil - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuel in oil Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 pm

nods

nods
Silver member
Silver member
This recent thread shows that a faulty ECU can pump in too much fuel.  Perhaps your ECU hasn't failed completely but is on it's way out?

ModelK 100 RT 84 (0504 ( 0505 )
Body typeK 100 RT 84 (0504
Catalog modelECE
Production date1985 / 01
Engine0514)
Transmission
Steering
CatalyzerNONE

54Back to top Go down   Fuel in oil - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuel in oil Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Yep. Starting to sound like the FICU is cactus. They're normally a very reliable unit but lately we've been seeing failures giving symptoms like excessive fuel at startup. Try swapping with a known good one. Just make sure its the correct one for the K100 2V as they aren't all the same. The K100 '83 to '90 uses #0 280 000 313

Similar issue here...
WTB FICU for 2V K100RS

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Fuel in oil - Page 2 Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

55Back to top Go down   Fuel in oil - Page 2 Empty I think IT might be solved!? Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Jonas Bodin

Jonas Bodin
Hi there!

Thought I might do a followup on what has been going on with My K-bike!

I had problems with an increasing oillevel and the oil smelling fr.o.m. fuel.

As you can see, if you have followed this thread, I've done some troubleshooting whitout any luck (Thank's for all advises anyway:tu1:).

Got a tip to check the microswitch in the trottlebody. Apparently it's supposed to click when you turn the throttle just a little bit -mine didn't!

Also noticed that the gaswire was a bit tight adjusted so the throttle would never get to a fully closed position. So I slackened the gaswire and adjusted the microswitch (is it called TPS?). Have ridden around 600km since this adjustment and doesn't experience any fuel in the oil anymore!

It seems like this was the cause of my problems. Perhaps someone knows if this is a plausible explanation?

Best regards
Jonas

56Back to top Go down   Fuel in oil - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuel in oil Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Good to hear you're going well again. I cant figure out how that would cause the problem but strange things happen. It would however make it difficult to start.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum