BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty VIDEO MY BIKE Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:25 pm

kuk

kuk
This is my BMW K100 TCP of 1987

Regards
kuk Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:21 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
So Clean, it's a credit to you. Makes mine look like a mess.
Happy riding.

3Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Yep, after seeing that, mine's a pig!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
A real credit to you. Better than showroom by a long way and I can see why you are happy with it.

Keep an eye on that Givi rack though as I tend to think the standard mount needs re-enforcing. In your case it would have to be from the inside of the ducktail to maintain the clean looks. On mine it is outside and "does the job" but won't win any prizes for looks or engineering.

5Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Aint love grand...the lads in love and it shows.
Nice one matey.
Ajays

AJAYS

6Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
Jesus Crist Allmighty... Looks like your bike just came from the BM factory...

Mine will never look like this... Sad I'm a traveler, and I use my bike too often I guess. Mosquitos, my love for forest roads will make it impossible for my bike ever to look like yours Sad

Congrats.

7Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Well done kuk that is magnificent!
Regards,
K-BIKE

8Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:09 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member

Your bike would have been appreciated here. I attended this show last evening 16th June 2010 and boy was it well attended.

Cheers Ajays.

9Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:53 pm

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Wheres the best place to go online to find out about rallies and events like these? i want to go to a few this year, get out and about and camping with the bike etc.

But its knowing whats on and where.

10Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
www.freewebs.com/greatoffleybikeshow

Camping Friday 9th July £12-00 with the Saturday Show. I recommend this one. M1 Jct 10. 505 Offley turn off (Hitchin)

All other venues can be found with the paper "Classic Bikes"
Ajays

11Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:15 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Ah, the one bike that I truly lust for, the Norton 850 Commando.

Oops, I forgot to add excellent video Ajays!

12Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:Ah, the one bike that I truly lust for, the Norton 850 Commando.

Oops, I forgot to add excellent video Ajays!

I used to until this thing turned up Smile
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Norton-961Commando.htm

13Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
As I have said before, the Commando was never accepted by the older crew as a true Norton but a Villiers attempt to masquerade.
Ajays

14Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:26 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Ajays, as always, I am interested in your thoughts on all things motorcycling.

Can you tell me more about the "real versus Villiers attempt" please?

15Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Blakey,
Norton led the world at one time but refused to advance and subsequently got into money troubles. AMC (AJS, Matchless, Villiers and Norton) took over so Norton was no longer Norton and the Commando was a Villiers design and product. (Not a real Norton)
They all went bust and I believe it was Sealey that bought AJS & Matchless and mortgaged his house to buy it.
Beachcomber can tell you more than I as my memory isn't what it was.
But Norton is but a name on the tank today.
I apologies to Commando owners but as I said, the old 'uns will never accept them as a real Norton.
Ajays.

AJAYS

16Back to top Go down   VIDEO MY BIKE Empty Re: VIDEO MY BIKE Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:20 am

What is 'real' any more, with MG made in China, Volvo owned by Ford, Multinationals running our respective governments, and etc? The current 'Norton' is a well-known Kenny Dreer-designed (Gladstone, Oregon USA) engine, with Russell Jones-designed and quite svelte bodywork. I reckon, and it's always subjective, that it is a pretty nicely designed copy of what once was, and someone's interpretation of what might have been. I spent a Christmas party in about 2003 or 4 at the soon-to-be-but-never-was-factory in Oregon and a thrill was had by all hearing those joyous Noel tones emanating from the dyno room with my mate Patrick Leyshock happily at the throttle. We had all had a fair drop of local ale and the room was vibrating (pardon the pun) with potential for the revival of the storied marque. It was never to be and now you lot (the lucky Poms) get to pick up the pieces and run as you can with them. I say goodonya! Look at Triumph today, a veritable world class machine in very many sales categories with much more to come. Rule Britannia, if you've still got it inya. Remember the pink bits!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum