BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Wire to headlight socket color? on Thu May 18, 2017 2:58 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
I am a little bit lost in connecting new H 4 socket. I have to connect it properly but after cut od wires I am confused: Which wire goes to left side of socket, which goes up in the middle, which goes to to right, looking from behind. Instalation is from early K 100. Three wires: grey green, black red, grey red
Thanks in advance

2Back to top Go down    Re: Wire to headlight socket color? on Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 am

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
nino wrote:Three wires: grey green, black red, grey red
Thanks in advance

These colours is not OEM, and not after the DIN standard which is used.

3Back to top Go down    Re: Wire to headlight socket color? on Thu May 18, 2017 3:49 am

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
nino wrote: Which wire goes to left side of socket, which goes up in the middle, which goes to to right, looking from behind.

Left: Brown...ground, middle: yellow...low beam, right: white...high beam.

4Back to top Go down    Re: Wire to headlight socket color? on Thu May 18, 2017 3:50 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Have relays been fitted Nino that may explain the different colours.
The wires should be Brown for earth/ground White for Hi Beam and Yellow for Lo beam.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Wire to headlight socket color? on Thu May 18, 2017 4:43 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks problem solved. I am not aware of any headlight relay on bike. if there is one must be in relay box.

6Back to top Go down    Not shure still on Thu May 18, 2017 5:32 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Still not shure

On the new socket i have red wire left, yellow wire center up and blue wire right which I have to connect

with grey green, black red, grey red

7Back to top Go down    Re: Wire to headlight socket color? on Fri May 19, 2017 7:37 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
You will need a voltmeter/multimeter or alternatively, a 12 volt bulb in a socket with two flying leads.

Look at the back of the new socket: the red wire is earth (!!!), the yellow wire is dip beam and the blue wire is high beam.

With a voltmeter, on the bike:-

1. Turn the lights on to dip beam
2. Check for voltage on all three wires. Whichever colour has 12 volts on it is the dip beam - connect to the yellow wire on the socket
3. Turn on high beam. Again, check for 12 volts. Whichever colour has 12 volts on it is the high beam - connect to the blue wire on the socket
4. The 'other' wire is earth - connect it to the red wire on the socket.

If you only have a bulb for a tester, do the same as above but earth one side of the bulb to the bike. If the bulb lights, you have 12 volts on that wire.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

8Back to top Go down    Re: Wire to headlight socket color? on Fri May 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Here is a typical H4 socket:

9Back to top Go down    Re: Wire to headlight socket color? on Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks, problem solved. With new voltage regulator H 4 looks brighter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum