BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
AJ , Klompy and I pulled the centrestand off on Saturday, after fitting a new ( thanks Sean) main stand,we were left with a pile of unrecognizable pieces to reassemble we looked at the puzzle ahead of us .
scratched our heads a bit, drank bourbon a bit, scratched a bit more,( probably why it's thinning on top), even referred to the forum,
THIS was the link we missed. now you air it .......
pics show exactly what we were looking for. Klompy , I think you were too focused on the television. 1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 694830
The Irish must have been with us that day as luck would have it , all went back together in a round about way and still working fine.
Thanks AJ , just gives us piece of mind we did it right. Cheers. 1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 502531

dmanley

dmanley
Silver member
Silver member
Part 4 in the diagram allows the stand to fully extend and remain extended when you lift the bike. If you operate the stand by hand you can feel the springs tension the stand once part 4 seats on the post. If you install part 4 backwards (flipped 180 degrees on the post) it'll retract the stand when you lift the bike.

I know because I flipped mine when I reassembled the bike. I kept thinking "I don't remember the stand retracting when I lift the bike. Seems dangerous."Very Happy Luckily I took a picture before I tore the the stand apart and during my relook figured out what I did.

1985 K100RT

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
No sidestand or centrestand on mine. It works fine.
I remember years ago, I had my K100RT on the sidestand (the clutch retracting one). A student of mine tried the clutch, couldnt pull it in and decided I must be reaallly strong.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 K-dogs10

54Back to top Go down   1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 Empty Boy....That's NICE! Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Boy....That's NICE!

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
reminds me of the chap who had been riding for many years with an outfit.
as he was pulling up to a set of traffic lights, his bike toppled to the left (he was an Aussie),
people came from all around to offer assistance in righting the bike,
in an embarrassed voice he exclaimed," been happening all day, only took the sidecar off yesterday "

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 10_x_110

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:reminds me of the chap who had been riding for many years with an outfit.
as he was pulling up to a set of traffic lights, his bike toppled to the left (he was an Aussie),
people came from all around to offer assistance in righting the bike,
in an embarrassed voice he exclaimed," been happening all day, only took the sidecar off yesterday "
I've had a few people ask me about that. I've got both a solo and a sidecar, forgetting to put my feet down has never been a problem, just like I never have a problem with the different switches on the bikes. Got quite a few friends with sidecars, none of them have fallen off either. Dunno.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 K-dogs10

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
picture it a cold winters night a lone motorcyclist on a ratty looking old Yamaha pulls up to the super pump at the caltex just out of Goulburn.....he slows and and leans his entire body against the pump legs still up on the pegs....yes he is frozen could not get his feet down......I was that rider...and did not fall off just had to be helped up to the vertical position and given a coffee....if I had a sidecar would not be an issue as i could have sat till I thawed out.

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 Au-log10

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
I've never forgotten to put my feet down on a solo, but I did a couple of sideways fallovers when I first used SPD cleats on my bicycle.Embarassed

Paul.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
I knew a girl who regularly fell off her Z250. She would forget to put her feet down,

She also failed her driving test about 7 times.
Drove off with the hand brake on a few times.
Jammed her finger in the door then couldn't find the right key to start the car (it was her car).
Then she got her license, drove home, parked in the garage without the hand brake on and came out to find her car in the neighbour's lounge room across the road.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Where does she live and drive Rossco I want to be warned if I go there especially on a bike.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

61Back to top Go down   1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 Empty But she was fun.... Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:14 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I'll bet she was a LOT of fun about the time the bars close on Saturday night!
Some girls are just better at some things than others, but everyone has "value".

Last edited by ibjman on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

frogy

frogy
Silver member
Silver member
Been reading this thread off and on since this morning...could not stop laughing at some of the stories.

Now its time to respond.1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 652573

frogy

frogy
Silver member
Silver member
1st things first.As I was tearing my K-RT down I wanted to paint some items and one was going to be the side-center stand.After painting it and beginning the process of putting all the little doohickies (thats American for "whatchamicallits"),I came to the retracting parts and remembered reading stories of strangers climbing on the Ks when no one was around and pulling in the clutch (now make little vroom-vroom sounds) and then getting off not realizing the side stand was no longer down.Out comes the owner and theres his bike laying on its side.

Interesting idea BMW had but I do not need it. Extra parts are now on the work bench never to be used.

frogy

frogy
Silver member
Silver member
groverK wrote:AJ , Klompy and I pulled the centrestand off on Saturday, after fitting a new ( thanks Sean) main stand,we were left with a pile of unrecognizable pieces to reassemble we looked at the puzzle ahead of us .
scratched our heads a bit, drank bourbon a bit, scratched a bit more,( probably why it's thinning on top), even referred to the forum,
THIS was the link we missed. now you air it .......
pics show exactly what we were looking for. Klompy , I think you were too focused on the television. 1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 694830
The Irish must have been with us that day as luck would have it , all went back together in a round about way and still working fine.
Thanks AJ , just gives us piece of mind we did it right. Cheers. 1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts - Page 2 502531 You guys make me giggle.

frogy

frogy
Silver member
Silver member
rossco wrote:I knew a girl who regularly fell off her Z250. She would forget to put her feet down,

She also failed her driving test about 7 times.
Drove off with the hand brake on a few times.
Jammed her finger in the door then couldn't find the right key to start the car (it was her car).
Then she got her license, drove home, parked in the garage without the hand brake on and came out to find her car in the neighbour's lounge room across the road.

That is one of the better Blonde jokes that I have heard...its a shame its not a joke:affraid:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum